Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 21st, 2011 04:00

How to fix Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop so it connects to wireless internet and via cable (Virgin Media Router)?

How to fix Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop so it connects to wireless internet and via cable (Virgin Media Router)?

Hi all, please help!

I have not been able to connect to the internet on my home WIFI network/via cable or the WIFI at work since Monday evening I have restarted my laptop and reset the "D Link D1-524 High Speed Router" several times - separately and simultaneously according to my laptop and Virgin Media's instructions over the phone. Virgin Media said that it was a problem with my laptop as my IP address starts with "165.254"...as of last night it started "192.". I have also called Dell who have not helped at all.

Are there any drivers I can download from the Dell website to fix this issue or another safe program I can download? I want to download drivers or programs to a USB and transfer the files to my laptop...as I have no internet access.

My computer wireless menu states the following:

Unidentified Network
No Internet Access

Then it shows a list of Networks

My Network - Connected/Limited Access

Please help I want to sort this out asap!

Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 21st, 2011 07:00

PhotoFem,

The bold print makes it harder to read and sometime people do not respond to these posts.

Did you power off your ISP modem/router and your wireless router(if any) for 30 seconds. Power on the ISP modem router. Wait 15 seconds, then power on your wireless router(if any)

start, all programs, accessories, right click on cammand prompt, left click run as administrator. Type

ipconfig /release          (space between the g and /)

Restart your computer. Try to connect. What happens?

Does your wireless router have these Recommended Wireless Router Settings, I use channel 11?

What operating system are you using?

Rick 

1 Message

November 26th, 2011 13:00

Hi all, please help!

I have not been able to connect to the internet on my home WIFI network/via cable or the WIFI at work since Monday evening I have restarted my laptop and reset the "D Link D1-524 High Speed Router" several times - separately and simultaneously according to my laptop and Virgin Media's instructions over the phone. Virgin Media said that it was a problem with my laptop as my IP address starts with "165.254"...as of last night it started "192.". I have also called Dell who have not helped at all.

Are there any drivers I can download from the Dell website to fix this issue or another safe program I can download? I want to download drivers or programs to a USB and transfer the files to my laptop...as I have no internet access.

My computer wireless menu states the following:

Unidentified Network
No Internet Access

Then it shows a list of Networks

My Network - Connected/Limited Access

Please help I want to sort this out asap!

Thanks!

1 Message

November 7th, 2016 07:00

I use DELL Inspiron 1545. I can not connect this laptop on my WIFI internet.Please tell me how i fix this problem?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 7th, 2016 12:00

:emotion-2:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 7th, 2016 12:00

Hello menswelfare :emotion-2:

Inspiron 1545 Setup Guide pages 9 and 29

No Events found!