Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2016 00:00

How to improve fingerprint reader and can the nfc reader read tags? e7470

Good day,

Got my new and shiny E7470, but there is some trouble in paradise.

Is there a way to improve fingerprint reader? This thing is complete . Half of the time it does not recognize the finger and when it recognized, it just takes too long. Updated all drivers and software to the latest, as per dell support suggestion. Still  :D My old Vostro 3350 FP reader works better in any case.

And the second question is, can the nfc read tags? Installed a couple of programs from windows store, but they do not show the tags info. When the sound is on and I place a tag on the reader, there is chime and that is all. Device manager shows, that device is active and working without problems.

NFC card should be Mifare Plus.

6 Posts

April 19th, 2016 16:00

Received my E7470 few days ago same exact problem. Go to Dell Support website download and reinstall the Chipset Drivers 10.1.1.9 ,A01

Seems there is problem after updating the ControlVault driver. This fixed my issue.

3 Posts

April 26th, 2016 02:00

Chipset drivers reinstall restored my bluetooth, which was absent from control panel etc. :D Now I can pair again bluetooth devices. Fingerprint is still absent from time to time, when laptop awakens from sleep, powersave or whatever state it's called.

Not any smarter with NFC tags though. Active devices seem to be supported.

Fingerprint sensor seems to be ***, no hope, that software will fix it.

No Events found!