Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

December 26th, 2008 11:00

How to register new laptop?

I got a new Inspiron laptop today, but when I try to register it online, the store I purchased it from isn't on the list of stores :emotion-7:

It only has Carphone Warehouse, Tesco & Virgin Broadband.  I got it from Dixons.

The address in the documentation that came with it is www.dell.com/register.

I'm in the UK.

Anyone have any clues please :emotion-1:

4.6K Posts

December 28th, 2008 05:00

You'll have to contact them, and ask them how you do it then?

BTW:  I'm from St Cyrus - on the NE coast, between Aberdeen and Dundee!

I have a brother living in flats on Gt Northern Rd, and a few aunts and uncles living in Aberdeen.

Small world, eh :emotion-2:

4.6K Posts

December 27th, 2008 02:00

As per the advice offered here, you need to transfer ownership of the laptop from wherever you bought it, to your name - using this 'Transfer of Product Ownership' form :emotion-5:

I would imagine you'll then be given a 'Service Tag' number (never post it on the forums btw), which is what you use thereafter, should you ever need to contact tech support?

96 Posts

December 28th, 2008 01:00

Many thanks for your answer.

Just to be clear,  this is a brand new laptop from a large retailer.  Do I still have to fill in that transfer of ownership form?

The service tag is on the base of the laptop & packaging, I just can't see why Dell doesn't update the registration site to include the relevant retailers that they now sell through.

edit:

I can't complete that transfer of ownership form as the UK isn't in the drop down list of countries pfft.  Don't make it easy do they.

96 Posts

December 28th, 2008 09:00

Isn't it just :emotion-2:

I'll go onto their live chat tomorrow & sort it, many thanks :emotion-1:

No Events found!