Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 27th, 2013 06:00

How to reset BIOS password?

Hi Friends,

I have a DELL inspiron 15 (N5010) laptop. Few days back I set BIOS password. Unexpectedly I forgot the password. While going to BIOS, my laptop is asking for password. I tried many times but unable to enter correct password. Can any one please tell me how to proceed further for resetting the password?

Thanks in advance...

1.5K Posts

August 26th, 2013 11:00

Hi Hussien,

Please share the system's Service Tag and Owner's complete name with me via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation). I will review the details and share the further course of action with you.

Please reply back with the information.

1 Message

August 27th, 2013 04:00

i've the solution , write me to tell u how to proceed,  [Amin Note: Service Tag Edited per TOU policy]  

1 Message

August 27th, 2013 21:00

Hi, I have a Dell Latitude E6510.  When I turn on the machine, it requires me to input a password to get to the OS login screen.  I enter the password and all is fine.  The issue is that I need to remove this feature and deploy the workstation to someone else in the company.  When I go into the BIOS setup, all the password options say "Not Set".  Even when I restore the BIOS to factory default, I am still prompted to enter a password prior to getting to the OS login screen. Please help!

1.5K Posts

August 30th, 2013 13:00

Hi Liam,

Once you enter the BIOS password, instead of pressing the Enter key alone, press the key combination of 'Ctrl+Enter' keys. Check if this makes any difference in disabling the password or not.

Reply with the results, I'll be happy to assist you further.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

September 6th, 2013 13:00

ozunu

To obtain an override password, you need to contact Dell, prove that you are the legal owner of the laptop and probably pay a service charge.

Bev.

1 Message

September 6th, 2013 13:00

hy! i have the same problem, please could you help me with the master key for service tag: .

Thanx a lot!

1.5K Posts

September 6th, 2013 22:00

Hi ozunu,

Please share the system's Service Tag and Owner's complete name with me via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation). I will review the details and share the further course of action with you.

Please reply back with the information.

1 Message

September 24th, 2013 20:00

I have a BIOs password on my laptop that I didn't put there, so I don't know the password. I don't know if this is because I ran the system restore last week, or because there was a password on the bios of the replacement motherboard that was installed maybe 18 months ago. I have an Alienware M11x-R3, and I am the original owner. Please contact me and let me know what to send so I can get information on how to reset the Bios Password.

1.5K Posts

September 24th, 2013 21:00

Hi Arcadi7609,

Please share the system's Service Tag, Owner's Name and your Email Address with me via private message (click my username and then click 'Send a Private Message'). I will review the account information and share the further course of action with you. If possible please share the screenshot of the error message when you try to enter the BIOS password.

Please reply with the information, I'll be happy to assist you further.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

September 24th, 2013 21:00

1 Message

September 27th, 2013 16:00

MY SERVICE TAG IS  IT IS EXPIRED I UPGRADED THE MEMORY AND NOW THE COMPUTER WILL NOT GO PASS THE BIOS BECAUSE OF THE PASSWORD I ALSO WAS PUTING IN WINDOWS 7 ON A NEW HARD DRIVE NOW I'M STUCK CAN YOU HELP WITH GTHE BIOS PASSWORD PLEASE, THANK YOU

1.5K Posts

September 27th, 2013 23:00

Hi GR8FRIEND4U,

I have replied to the private message sent by you. Please reply back with the information, I'll be happy to assist you further.

1 Message

September 30th, 2013 12:00

If you are just guessing you shouldn't say anything. Yes you could very well do that or just buy a new computer. I know there is a password override for every computer since the beginning of their time has one.  Why? It's so the maker/owner can always access the computer for security or obvious lost password reasons.  We just have to get it from computers maker....... 

October 21st, 2013 19:00

You need to clear you user password in Cmos or setup Screen by pushing the F2 key to go into setup

October 21st, 2013 19:00

Call dell they may have the passcode and if they do not have it the best thing to do is pull the Cmos battery and leave it out for 3 hrs. with no power cord hooked up to laptop

No Events found!