Laptops General - Read Only

Last reply by 07-26-2016 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

How to reset BIOS password?

Hi Friends,

I have a DELL inspiron 15 (N5010) laptop. Few days back I set BIOS password. Unexpectedly I forgot the password. While going to BIOS, my laptop is asking for password. I tried many times but unable to enter correct password. Can any one please tell me how to proceed further for resetting the password?

Thanks in advance...

Replies (65)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I have the same problem with an Inspiron N4110 laptop. 

Private message sent.  Thank you for helping.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I  had to send my laptop back to Dell to replace the motherboard.  If your laptop is still under warranty you should contact Dell support for help.

4 Beryllium

Hi Michael,

I have replied to your query, please check and reply back with the information, so that I can assist you further.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

i have the same problem and i dont have the owner's name but i do have the service tag,,what should i do ?

10 Diamond

If you can't contact the original owner, you'll need to replace the mainboard.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

i have the same problem , i lost bios password 

service tag :<Admin Note: removed per privacy policy~RK>

4 Beryllium

Hi Hussien,

Please share the system's Service Tag and Owner's complete name with me via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation). I will review the details and share the further course of action with you.

Please reply back with the information.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

i've the solution , write me to tell u how to proceed,  [Amin Note: Service Tag Edited per TOU policy]  

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hi, I have a Dell Latitude E6510.  When I turn on the machine, it requires me to input a password to get to the OS login screen.  I enter the password and all is fine.  The issue is that I need to remove this feature and deploy the workstation to someone else in the company.  When I go into the BIOS setup, all the password options say "Not Set".  Even when I restore the BIOS to factory default, I am still prompted to enter a password prior to getting to the OS login screen. Please help!

4 Beryllium

Hi Liam,

Once you enter the BIOS password, instead of pressing the Enter key alone, press the key combination of 'Ctrl+Enter' keys. Check if this makes any difference in disabling the password or not.

Reply with the results, I'll be happy to assist you further.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Latest Solutions
Top Contributor