Laptops General - Read Only

Last reply by 07-26-2016 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

How to reset BIOS password?

Hi Friends,

I have a DELL inspiron 15 (N5010) laptop. Few days back I set BIOS password. Unexpectedly I forgot the password. While going to BIOS, my laptop is asking for password. I tried many times but unable to enter correct password. Can any one please tell me how to proceed further for resetting the password?

Thanks in advance...

Replies (65)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

hy! i have the same problem, please could you help me with the master key for service tag: <Admin Note: removed per privacy policy~RK>.

Thanx a lot!

10 Diamond

ozunu

To obtain an override password, you need to contact Dell, prove that you are the legal owner of the laptop and probably pay a service charge.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

4 Beryllium

Hi ozunu,

Please share the system's Service Tag and Owner's complete name with me via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation). I will review the details and share the further course of action with you.

Please reply back with the information.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I have a BIOs password on my laptop that I didn't put there, so I don't know the password. I don't know if this is because I ran the system restore last week, or because there was a password on the bios of the replacement motherboard that was installed maybe 18 months ago. I have an Alienware M11x-R3, and I am the original owner. Please contact me and let me know what to send so I can get information on how to reset the Bios Password.

10 Diamond

Arcadi7609

Please read the post here:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19509585/20443420.aspx#20443420

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

4 Beryllium

Hi Arcadi7609,

Please share the system's Service Tag, Owner's Name and your Email Address with me via private message (click my username and then click 'Send a Private Message'). I will review the account information and share the further course of action with you. If possible please share the screenshot of the error message when you try to enter the BIOS password.

Please reply with the information, I'll be happy to assist you further.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

MY SERVICE TAG IS <Admin Note: removed per privacy policy~RK> IT IS EXPIRED I UPGRADED THE MEMORY AND NOW THE COMPUTER WILL NOT GO PASS THE BIOS BECAUSE OF THE PASSWORD I ALSO WAS PUTING IN WINDOWS 7 ON A NEW HARD DRIVE NOW I'M STUCK CAN YOU HELP WITH GTHE BIOS PASSWORD PLEASE, THANK YOU

4 Beryllium

Hi GR8FRIEND4U,

I have replied to the private message sent by you. Please reply back with the information, I'll be happy to assist you further.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

If you are just guessing you shouldn't say anything. Yes you could very well do that or just buy a new computer. I know there is a password override for every computer since the beginning of their time has one.  Why? It's so the maker/owner can always access the computer for security or obvious lost password reasons.  We just have to get it from computers maker....... 

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Call dell they may have the passcode and if they do not have it the best thing to do is pull the Cmos battery and leave it out for 3 hrs. with no power cord hooked up to laptop

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor