Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 31st, 2017 15:00

How to switch main graphics to be AMD instead of Intel graphics card on Inspiron 5559 windows 8.1?

I tried everything,installed the drivers for my AMD,disabled the drivers for Intel (it switched to microsoft basic graphics instead of the AMD),couldn't find anything in BIOS however...if anyone got some advice,please share it with me because I can't take low FPS in games anymore when I got a laptop with such good specs.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 2nd, 2017 05:00

It's not possible to make the AMD GPU the primary one in the system.  The AMD GPU has no direct connection to the screen - all video data passes through the Intel GPU on its way to the display;  the control is entirely by software, not hardware.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 4th, 2017 11:00

Hi there, if you want AMD to take over the graphic processing task when you're gaming, use the AMD Catalyst Control Center to configure it. Access the AMD CCC by going to desktop, right click on an empty region of your desktop and select the option.

Under Configure Switchable Graphic, you can specify which game is to run with AMD (High Performance) or Intel HD (Power Saving).

You can also set your laptop to always be at High Performance mode whether your laptop is plugged-in or using battery, in that case,your AMD graphic card will come into play when you're using demanding 3D application.

Hope this helps.

No Events found!