Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 6th, 2015 07:00

How to update new BIOS in Dell Inspiron 3521 without battery?

Hey Guys,

I bought my Dell Inspirion 15 3521 Windows 7 OS in 2013, past few months my battery was not charging. I checked with my battery and it was good. I got to know that my BIOS was an old version so I tried to update the new one but i could not able to do it cause of my battery is not charging. It says at least need 10% to do it. Also I tried some other boot options using DOS but nothing has worked. Could you please any one assist me for any other ways to update it without battery?

Thanks in Advance.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 7th, 2015 22:00

Hi razik4ever,

Dell has designed the BIOS update file to execute only when there is battery has more than 10% charge and AC adapter connected to the system if the system shuts down during the BIOS update process the system will not boot.

2 Posts

September 7th, 2015 23:00

Hi razik4ever,

Dell has designed the BIOS update file to execute only when there is battery has more than 10% charge and AC adapter connected to the system if the system shuts down during the BIOS update process the system will not boot.

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the information. May I know if any other way to solve it? Is it possible to charge the battery with some other techniques so that I can update my BIOS?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 11th, 2015 09:00

Hi razik4ever,

Unfortunately without the battery you will not be able to update the BIOS on the computer.

The other option is to use a known good battery on the system or charge the same battery on different compatible system.

No Events found!