Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 21st, 2014 03:00

How to use effectively for long time

Hi,

I have a DELL laptop. These days, i need to do my entire day work in my laptop (10 am - 10 pm).

My question is, once laptop charged 100%,

Should i need to TURN OFF the power (and turn on when the charge decrease to 10-15%) OR

I can keep the POWER ON for the ENTIRE DAY?

Which one is best for BATTERY LIFE? Kindly advice. Thanks in advance.

3 Apprentice

• 

540 Posts

May 22nd, 2014 10:00

Hi vsmani5,

Thanks for your post! Dell laptop batteries are designed to stop using the charger when it reaches full charge so no need to unplug it when fully charged.

There are several things you might do to make your battery last longer: 

• Choose the right battery. Under the same use conditions, a lower capacity battery will wear out faster than a higher capacity battery because it has to be charged more often.
  • Use the notebook's power saving controls to reduce battery use in your normal ‘unplugged’ day. For example, turn the Bluetooth off if it is not needed; reduce the screen brightness when conditions permit.
  • Avoid exposure to extreme temperatures. If the system is exposed to extreme cold or hot temperatures, allow it to warm up/cool down before use and before charging.
  • Contrary to last decades' batteries, modern lithium ion batteries do not need to be fully discharged to maintain health.
  • All batteries wear with use and time. When you find the runtime is no longer satisfactory, it may be time to purchase a new Dell battery.

Extend laptop battery life

http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/19/consumer/extend-laptop-battery-life

Thanks,

2 Posts

May 22nd, 2014 11:00

Hi DELL-SHAWN B,

Thanks a lot for detailed reply...:) 

Best Regards,

Manikandan.

No Events found!