myugun
1 Nickel

I am having audio problem after updating windows redstone update(XPS 15 9530)

Hello I am currently using XPS 15(9530) model bought about 2 years ago. I used to have audio problem that when I was listening some musics it made kinda high pitched scratching sound some part of song(believing bass boosted part). But after updating recent bios update I was able to solve the problem I had and had no problem with it until I updated to this new windows 10's anniversary update that came out recent.

I know i could solve this problem by deleting dell audio(MAXXAUDIO) by deleting audio driver and installing driver with that windows provides, but I don't like way it sound when I delete dell audio.(sounds like someone muffing my speaker)

I am not sure this is common problem with XPS 15(9530) users, but if there is anyone who had similar problem and solved it, could you please help me out, please?

My english might be a ***(It's not my 1st language) Thank you!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

RE: I am having audio problem after updating windows redstone update(XPS 15 9530)

if there is anyone who had similar problem and solved it

Hello. Did you see this thread. It is not about the XPS 15 9530. Both posters have an XPS 13 9350, and they had noise issues after the recent Windows update. One of them fixed it by reinstalling Windows.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos