Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

June 1st, 2011 07:00

I am new so if I have forgotten something please let know; The speakers on my XPS L701X (Windows 7) stopped working recently

I have checked out whether it is a hardware problem (which it is NOT) by using the Dell support test facility. I can hear the speakers here and only here (My Head phones are working and have never stopped working, and yes I have disconnected the headphones prior to testing the speakers).

So I am told it must be a software problem, however since I do not know when it stopped working I can not use the  System restore application. Besides, for some strange reason, while I have that ap on auto, I can only find two restore points, the oldest from only two days ago despite having turned the app on in January 2011 when I BOUGHT THE I7 LAPTOP.

So it  seems I am left with either paying $129 to Dell  with even them possibly suggesting that I would have to use PC Restore and lose much of my data OR continue to use the headphones. I turn to this community for help

Damian

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 15th, 2012 18:00

Yesterday I had my speakers replaced. No Help.

If the poster is still talking about his sense pin issue then replacing the speakers naturally would not help.

Last week supposed ly I wasass told they did replace my motherboard.

I already told him that the jack is not on the motherboard so replacing the motherboard naturally did not help. I am finished giving advice about this.

15 Posts

May 14th, 2012 15:00

Jim , Thanks for staying with me on this. After 7 months I now have it working. (I just saw your note about not using this FAQ space of yours to respond but I do not know where to respond so that you will see the response. But since this will be my last note, I will no longerbe taking up yor private area. Sorry for any inconvenience I caused) The reason it worked is that after the mother board was replaced this last time evidently that solved the -problem. I should have insisted that Dell do this at the beginning because it was your series of responses and your  FAQ that suggested the MB would be at fault but Dell fought me on this till I guess they gave up. At any reate for the first time since I got the computer I now have heard the deep rich speaker on this and I am totally pleased that it works so well! Actually I am amazed at the clarity and richness that they produce, especially in the bass. Thanks again for hanging in there so long!

Damian

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 14th, 2012 16:00

Glad it is finally working for you. Sorry you had so much trouble with Dell. They don't seem to understand about this particular audio issue.

No Events found!