Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2015 08:00

I cannot find any Model number on my Dell Laptop

I spilled coffee on my laptop today and it went blank, i need to save my info and tried locating a model number, but there is no name, no model number, no serial number, no service tag, nothing, absolutely nothing.

There is a white sticker on the back and when i peeled it off, it just says Service Tag label 71.5x5.5mm

This is the most astounding stupid thing i have ever seen from a tech company and I have been in IT for over 20 years.

Its unbelievable and I want someone at Dell to respond what an ordinary person in an emergency who has lost everything in an accident would have to do to find this secret bit of information, the model number of my laptop.

I cannot find anything except a big DELL logo on the top of the lid, thats it.....it wont turn on, or I could have gone into the BIOS etc...now what do I do?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

September 1st, 2015 09:00

I don't know about your laptop, my Dell Precision M6300 and Dell Latitude D531 and Dell Latitude D620 all have the model numbers clearly printed on the laptop case.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

September 1st, 2015 13:00

I guess you don't have the invoice or packing list from when you received the PC...

If the lappy has a user-removable battery, remove the battery and see if there's a Service Tag hiding in there.

If not, while you're logged in, go over to the Support site and click the link on that page for Recent Orders. You have the option to look back as far as 2 years and will tell you what systems you -personally- ordered.

EDIT: Bev always types faster than me...

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

September 1st, 2015 13:00

TariqShah

Dell Laptops usually have the both the model and service code listed on labels, placed on the back of the Laptop.

https://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/19/article/Product-Support/Self-support-Knowledgebase/locate-service-tag/Notebook

Bev.

1 Message

October 6th, 2016 10:00

hi

i dont see the my laptop model number i have a Express service number [Admin NOTE: Express service code removed per TOU policy] could you please tell me the model no:

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

October 7th, 2016 11:00

hi

i dont see the my laptop model number i have a Express service number [Admin NOTE: Express service code removed per TOU policy] could you please tell me the model no:

Never post personal info like your Service Tag or Express Service code in an open forum like this.

Appears you have an Inspiron 7537.

No Events found!