HiloDude
1 Copper

I have a dell power companion USB-C –PW7015MC and it doesn't charge my xps 13

I bought a dell power companion USB-C –PW7015MC and it doesn't charge my xps 13 it detects the charger as a usb hub and it doesn't charge the computer. The odd thing is if I use a dongle from usb c to hdmi, usb c and usb a and I plug the charger into the dongle then it starts charging. It just doesn't work when I plug it in directly. Please help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

RE: I have a dell power companion USB-C –PW7015MC and it doesn't charge my xps 13

HiloDude,

Contact Dell at 1-800-624-9896 and have the companion replaced.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos
HiloDude
1 Copper

RE: I have a dell power companion USB-C –PW7015MC and it doesn't charge my xps 13

One odd thing is that when I plug it into another USB c device it charges it perfectly fine but just the xps 13 is it not a software issue?

0 Kudos

HiloDude,

You can update the system bios on the  xps 13 and that could possibly resolve the issue. 

Dell Drivers and Downloads

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos
HiloDude
1 Copper

I've updated the BIOS to the most recent update and this problem feels like an easy fix just I don't know how to fix it. Dell products shouldn't have problems with dell's accessories

0 Kudos