Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 14th, 2016 13:00

I've installed the fingerprint reader palmrest on my dell e6420 and I keep getting an error when I enroll a fingerprint

The error is:

---------------------------
Capture Failed
The biometric unit is not in the correct state to perform the specified operation.

Do you want to try again to enroll this finger?
Yes No

I've tried other fingers and I still get this error

July 2nd, 2016 21:00

It seems to have been fixed after I rebooted my laptop. I've enrolled my right hand and now can login seamlessly.

June 16th, 2016 02:00

Hi JEFFREYO96,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Please uninstall and re-install the Finger print reader driver on the system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the video card.

1. Click on Start button.
  2. In the search box type devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
  3. Select the Dell Control Vault w/ Fingerprint Swipe Sensor under Control Vault device or Broadcom USH w/swipe sensor under other devices and right click on it.
  4. Now select properties.
  5. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.
  6. Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”
  7. You want to delete the driver click OK.

After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Then re-install the Finger print reader driver on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the Dell Control Vault Driver from Security section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/1ncWHQb

Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id (Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

No Events found!