Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 12th, 2009 09:00

I want to know the performance evaluation (windows vista) for the laptop studio 1555

Hello everybody,

I am interested in the laptop studio 1555. Can someone give me the windows vista performance evaluation please. Start -> System settings -> Performance evaluation and tools. This should be the correct English translation. I don't know the correct English names of this tool, because I have a German installation ;-)

The laptop should have this specifications:

-cpu: Intel® Core™2 Duo-Prozessor T6400 (2,0 GHz, 2 MB L2-Cache, 800 MHz FSB)

-ram: 4.096 MB 800 MHz Dual-Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2 x 2.048]

-graphic: 512 MB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 4570

Many thanks in advance!

Smalltalk781

42 Posts

August 10th, 2009 15:00

Just bought one with that exact config.

WEI = 4.9

10 Posts

August 10th, 2009 20:00

I have been using my Dell 1555 now for over a week. Find it to be great for what I needed. I got the Full HD 1920 X 1080 screen with the 512 MB ATI Radeon HD 4570, 4G of 800MHz memory, the BD Player with DVD+-DL RW and a P8600 2.4GHz Core Duo Processor. Vista Performance is great. In fact I had installed Vista on my older Latitude D620 laptop with a dual 2.0Ghz intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4G of ram and it was ever so unresponsive. The D620 also had the disadvantage of having only a 1280 X 1024 resolution which I find a little limiting for my needs. This works out pretty great for me. The 9 Cell battery protrudes down about an inch as opposed to the latitude where it protruded horizontally away from the laptop. This gives me a natural incline on my dining table when I type and that works out great. The lighted keyboard is a plus. I find the volume ok, but not loud enough. My wife's Unibody aluminum macbook has way better sound. I am definitely impressed with this laptop so far. I did get Microsoft Office 2007 business and that works much faster on this laptop too. One would think that a 0.4GHz upgrade on the processor and a mere 333Mhz  System Bus Speed upgrade (over the 466MHz on the D620) would not cause this much of a performance increase. But looks like technology has definitely made some leaps in the right direction. I find better performance overall. Of course, I uninstalled the facial recognition software. It never worked, after repeatedly getting it to recognize my face and giving up, I realized that this was because of my habit of enabling the administrator account on vista and not using a separate user account. I unfortunately don't like the UAC and the numerous popups that keep appearing. I am the only one logging into my laptop anyway and need to use the administrator account to log into my P2P windows network at home. Bad practice, I know... but hey I'm behind a firewall most of the time and Avast Home edition (Free) does a pretty good job so far. I seem to have the time to blog right now and my fingers are typing away... its called the distract factor - you end up doing everything with your laptop but real work - which I am going to get right back to. Guys, this is a good laptop - might keep you a little warm in winter and is definitely not super-portable - but some of us have superior programming needs and need bragging rights. Well, guess this - I'm just about to get a quad-core Dell Laptop at work with a 1920 X 1200 screen with a 7200 rpm laptop drive. I don't know much about drives but a 7200 RPM hard drive is tons better than a 5400 RPM hard drive, and with the newer ones - mine is a WD 320 GB 7200 rpm - you get about the same battery life. Time to get back to work. This should end my blogging evening - or wait, did I mention the wife's getting some delicious lamb stew for dinner - I could use some nutrition for my tired fingers. Good laptop guys - I configured mine on Dell for 1600 bucks and then went to the outlet and got the same configuration for a little under 1100 including shipping without the 3 year warranty - just 1 year. Yes, I am a cheapskate when it comes to these things - but I have always beleived that the the best laptop will always cost around a 1000 bucks - give or take a Benjamin. Did I mention my wireless N works great with the new Apple Airport Extreme Base Station. Go get it.

September 4th, 2009 10:00

In meantime I bought it. I get 5.1 with the German Vista installation.

<- is satisfied (o;

No Events found!