Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 18th, 2015 04:00

IDT 92HD93 drivers for Windows 10

I recently upgraded my operating system to Windows 10, which went relatively well.

Unfortunately I found out that I can't use my microphone array anymore, it just acts like one microphone. So I searched the internet to find Windows 10 drivers for the IDT 92HD93 sound card. And searched. And searched. But after days of looking I've come to the conclusion that there are in fact no drivers for Windows 10.

To add to that, I found out that IDT has discontinued their audio division, and handed it over to Tempo Semiconductor. Can't find any drivers there either, though.

So I can't unlock the full potential of my sound card, at least not to my knowledge.

Is there still a way to use my microphone array to its full potential, or will I have to stick with the default Windows audio drivers?

I tried the Windows 8.1 driver, but it causes more issues that it solves on Windows 10, so I quickly uninstalled it.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

November 18th, 2015 14:00

Did you use compatibility mode?

1. Download and save the IDT audio driver to your desktop.
2. Double click on the new icon on the desktop to extract (unzip) the driver files.
3. The extractor wizard will create a new folder for the driver files. It will be at "c:\dell\drivers\xxxxxx". Write down the exact location that the wizard creates.
4. If the driver begins to install automatically, halt (cancel) the installation.
5. Browse to the driver files on the hard drive (the location you wrote down).
6. Find the "setup.exe" file.
7. Right click on setup.exe to open the context menu.
8. Select the Properties.
9. Select the Compatibility tab.
10. Check the box "run this program in compatibility mode for"... Win7, 8, or 8.1 -- whatever OS you had in which the mic worked before the new operating system.

If installing that IDT driver in compatibility mode does not help,  try all of the other versions of the IDT audio driver that are on the Latitude E6330 html page. Remember to completely remove an audio driver before attempting to install an older version of it. One of the older ones might work better.

No Events found!