Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 16th, 2016 04:00

IMEI Driver in Device Manager

Hello,

I have a DELL Inspiron 5520 and yesterday i noticed that the Intel Management Engine Interface Driver has a yellow exclamation mark in the Device Manager and when i right clicked on it to see properties i found out that it has Error Code 10. I tried the following steps but none of them has worked for me :

1- I tried uninstalling that driver from device manager and reinstalling it but this didn't work.

2- I tried flashing the BIOS from version A11 to A14 and then doing Step 1. The problem still persists.

3- I tried Step 2 and 1 but with the latest IMEI driver from Dell Drivers page for my laptop model. Same problem.

4- I tried doing a fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit and installing all the latest drivers in the proper order but that also didn't solve the problem.

The weird thing is, when i restart the laptop and get in Windows, everything goes normal and Device Manager shows no problems but when i completely turn off my laptop and turn it on again after a couple of hours, the exclamation mark appears again in IMEI driver in Device Manager and it won't disappear until i restart my laptop and so on.

I tried disabling that IMEI from BIOS but i didn't find any option in the BIOS to do so.

Please help me to solve this problem or tell me how to completely disable Intel Management Engine Interface driver.

Thank you.

• 

16.7K Posts

December 16th, 2016 06:00

GladiatorX2,

You first need to install the Intel HM77 Chipset Driver. Reboot the computer and then install the IMEI Drivers. Also, when installing drivers in your computer you will always need to install the Intel HM77 Chipset Driver first.

Inspiron 5520 Drivers,Downloads and Manuals

http://dell.to/2hOsYEr

27 Posts

December 16th, 2016 07:00

@DELL-Jesse L

Thanks for helping me. I will try this solution and post the results back here. But, do i need to completely uninstall the HM77 chipset driver that was previously installed before installing the new one ? or it will be ok just to overwrite the previous installation and install the latest driver right away ?

• 

16.7K Posts

December 16th, 2016 08:00

GladiatorX2,

You should be fine just updating over it. 

27 Posts

December 16th, 2016 17:00

@DELL-Jesse L

Unfortunately, your solution didn't work for me. Here is what i did exactly :

1- I downloaded the latest Intel HM77 Chipset Driver from Inspiron 5520 Drivers page.

2- Installed it and restarted my laptop.

3- After the restart, there were no exclamation marks in Device Manager.

4- Installed the latest IMEI Driver and restarted my laptop.

5- I was happy that no problems were found after the restart.

6- I turned off my laptop and left it for 3 hours before turning it on again.

I logged in to my Windows 7 and decided to take a look at Device Manager. Guess what, i found the yellow exclamation mark on the Intel Management Engine Interface Driver. The only thing i wonder about here is that the problem disappears when i restart my laptop but it comes again when i turn it off and turn it on after some time.

I need to know another solution to the problem. What will happen if i disabled the IMEI Driver in Device Manager ? Do you suggest any other solution ? Could the problem be a faulty hardware or something wrong with the motherboard ?

• 

16.7K Posts

December 19th, 2016 05:00

GladiatorX2,

The IMEA Dirver is  If you use RAID or things like SSD cache, If you are not using these then, you do not have to install it.

27 Posts

December 19th, 2016 18:00

@DELL-Jesse L

Thanks for the info.

Do you think that reinstalling a fresh copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and installing all drivers in the correct order would solve the issue with that IMEI driver ?

• 

16.7K Posts

January 3rd, 2017 04:00

GladiatorX2,

You can surely try that if you like. It may resolve issue you have. You also do not need this driver unless you are using raid.

No Events found!