Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 5th, 2017 17:00

IMEI Error Code 10

I have a DELL Inspiron 15R 5520 laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 installed and recently i'm having a problem regarding Intel Management Engine Interface Driver that has Error Code 10 ( This device cannot start ) along with a yellow mark on IMEI driver in Device Manager. I tried many things including updating IMEI driver to the latest version and also tried reflashing BIOS twice to A14 version which is the latest but nothing worked. Finally, i gave up on looking for a solution to that problem but i noticed that there is no negative impact on my laptop's performance and there are no beeps or error codes while running ePSA diagnostics or DELL Checkup test on the motherboard. Can i continue using my laptop for everyday usage and ignore that IMEI problem permanently? Should i be concerned or worried over this particular issue? Could that problem shorten my laptop's lifetime or cause serious problems on the long term ?

• 

16.7K Posts

June 6th, 2017 08:00

Gladiator X2.

Install the chipset drivers as well as the video card drivers in your computer. 

Click the link below to download drivers.

Inspiron 5520 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

27 Posts

June 6th, 2017 10:00

Tried that, but the yellow mark and Error Code 10 is still on the Intel Management Engine Interface Driver in Device Manager.

Anyway, i will not search for a solution and i'm willing to continue to use my laptop with this persistent problem but i'm only looking for answers for the following questions:

1- Can i continue using my laptop for everyday usage and ignore that IMEI problem permanently ?

2- Should i be concerned or worried over this particular issue ?

3- Could that issue shorten my laptop's lifetime or cause serious problems on the long term ?

• 

16.7K Posts

June 7th, 2017 07:00

GladiatorX2,

You do not need this installed on your computer.  Below is the information about this driver.

Dell Update Packages (DUP) in Microsoft Windows 32bit format have been designed to run on Microsoft Windows 64bit Operating Systems. Dell Update Packages (DUP) in Microsoft Windows 64bit format will only run on Microsoft Windows 64bit Operating Systems. When selecting a device driver update be sure to select the one that is appropriate for your operating system.

Go into device manager and right click on it to uninstall.

27 Posts

June 7th, 2017 16:00

Thanks for your help. I uninstalled the driver from DM and restarted my laptop. I checked the DM again and found a driver called PCI Simple Communications Controller with a yellow mark. Is it a serious issue or i can just ignore it and continue to use the system (as is) ?

• 

16.7K Posts

June 8th, 2017 05:00

GladiatorX2,

That is the network card in your computer. It needs a driver installed. Click the link below to download the drivers for your computer.

Inspiron 5520 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

27 Posts

June 11th, 2017 18:00

DELL-Jesse L,

The problem seems to fix itself after a restart but it occurs back again after a cold boot ( turning the laptop on after its completely turned off ). Is there any explanation or reason for this ?

No Events found!