Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 20th, 2012 23:00

INSPIRON 14Z Restore keystrokes

I have a Dell INSPIRON 14Z that comes with pre-installed windows 7. The laptop has the recovery partition and i would like to restore it to factory settings. kindly provide me with the keystrokes for restoring the laptop to factory settings.

Regards,

Gmuli.

November 23rd, 2012 17:00

Hi Gmuli,

Just wanted to check if the PC restore was successful. Please reply for any further queries.

November 20th, 2012 23:00

Hi Gmuli,

PC Restore steps for Windows7 (PC restore is done from a image saved in partition in the hard drive. If you have tried an operating system installation previously, PC restore may not work.)

Note: Restoring the original factory image erases ALL existing data. This includes files, folders, programs, drivers, E-mails, photos. Before performing a PC Restore, back up all personal files. If you do not back up your personal files, the data will be lost. 

1. Turn on the Computer and start pressing the “F8” Key on the first Dell logo. Keep on pressing the “F8” key on first Dell screen until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.

2. Highlight "Repair Your Computer" and hit enter.

3. Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.

4. Enter your Password and click ok.

5. On Choose a Recover Tool Window

Select: Dell DataSafe Restore and Emergency Backup

6. You Get:

• Restore computer and preserve my new or changed files
  • 2 Select other System Backup and more options

7. Select: Select other System Backup and more options

You get:

•  Restore my computer
  •  Backup Files and folders

8. Select: Restore my computer.

9. Confirm the restore and continue.

10. Select: Factory Image restore

11. Choose Restore without preserving new or changed files and click on Next.

12. Click on Continue.

13. When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.

The software is now installed as it was when the computer was first received. You can also check the link below for more information on PC restore.

http://dell.to/eZRaOS

Please reply for any further questions.

11 Posts

November 26th, 2012 01:00

Hi Abhishek B,

It worked Well. Thanks for the information.

Regards,

Gmuli

1 Message

October 1st, 2013 22:00

my laptop is not starting after windows starting page appeared ............please make me to find a solution to it

2 Posts

January 5th, 2015 08:00

There is no "repair your computer"  option in F8? No factory anything either? There is a Dell recovory partition on the drive - how do you get to it and run it?

2 Posts

January 5th, 2015 08:00

Sorry - I should say even with the restore partition on the hard drive the restore option does not find it?

Is it possibel that the image partition got corrupted? Have never had this happen if the recovery/restore partition exits.

No Events found!