Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

15 Posts

December 5th, 2007 06:00

INSPIRON 1501 INVERTER

Where is the inverter located on this model? Is it the board in the recess underneath the hinge cover? Also any suggestions on where to buy a replacement?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 5th, 2007 09:00

The inverter is almost always behind the screen. You'll need to remove the old one to find a replacement - they're generally not sold new, separate from the screen, so you'll have to try a parts refurbisher or EBay.

If the screen is black, you should know that the failure is usually the bulb, not the inverter.

15 Posts

December 5th, 2007 10:00

I have two of these laptops and if I move the diplay from one to the other the fault stays with base unit. i.e the blank display works perfectly when moved to the other machine.
When the defective machine is in it's original configuration I can run a self test and see what it is saying by shining a very bright light on it. This registers 2000-0146 & 2000-0322 errors. "Error accessing display inverter". Hence why I thought the inverter was a seperate PEC. If so i could swap this PEC between machines aswell to isolate the fault. I am speaking to DELL again tonight but any thoughts welcome.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 5th, 2007 10:00

There should be two wires leading from the system board to the inverter. I would try swapping the inverter and screen together unless the screens are of identical model. There's a possibility the inverter is faulty - but there's also the possibility the mainboard is faulty, since it supplies the power to the inverter.
No Events found!