Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 2nd, 2013 19:00

INSPIRON 15R 5520 switchable graphic problem

Hello,

Recently I bought my Inspiron 15r 5520,core i7 with AMD HD 7670

I am facing issue that the switchable graphics didn't worked well,I cannot access to the catalyst control panel

It stated that (Catalyst control center cannot be started.There are currently no settings that can be configured using catalyst control center)

I had tried a lot of solution such as reinstall the driver,the driver shows up working in the device manager but I just cannot do any settings for intensive gaming since the catalyst control center wont work.

I also had tried manually open the Catalyst mobility software but It failed to work due to incompatible hardware/software on my computer

Any proper solutions?

Thank you.

31 Posts

February 3rd, 2013 11:00

Did it come with Windows 8? Dell haven't updated their Drivers to fix this glitch yet because they are halfwit incompetents.

I fixed it by installing the AMD driver from the disc that came with the laptop, but updating the Intel graphics driver breaks it again. So use the Drivers CD that came with your laptop, install the AMD Driver, and don't update your Intel Drivers until everyone at Dell is fired and the new people fix it.

8 Posts

February 7th, 2013 03:00

"Until everyone at Dell is fired"  haha :)

I have the same problem but honesly now im not sure they will ever fix this. Its almost 1 year now since this type of laptop released. We can only keep pushing them to do something or give it back and for the money refound.

No Events found!