Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 14th, 2013 16:00

INSPIRON 15R N5110 does not boot

Hi All,

I have a dell inspiron 15R N5110 bought one year back (went out of warranty last month). My problem is that laptop is not booting up anymore.

History:

I closed the lid of the laptop while it was shutting down (after waiting for sometime that shut down completes..that day it was taking quite a long to shut down). After that it never boots up again.

Observations:

1. When I plugged in my charger in the laptop, the charging light in the laptop does not come up. So, i thought probably battery is fully down and adaptor might be faulty. So I asked my friend who has Dell laptop as well. I put my charger into his laptop and his laptop was being charged. So I concluded that adaptor is working fine.
  2. I tried pressing Power button for 30 seconds, but nothing happens. No light blinks, nothing comes up. Its completely dead.
  3. Then I removed the battery and tried running it only on AC adaptor, this time if I hold power button for around 10 seconds, Power and wireless lights on front come up for 1 second and immediately goes off. Also the mobility button on top of the laptop (one of 3 buttons in the same row as power button) also lits up for one second and goes off. Also fan tries starting and immediately stops.

Please let me know if anyone has some idea about this problem

Regards,

Aniket

6 Posts

July 15th, 2013 12:00

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for prompt response. I am currently in Amstelveen, Netherlands. My warranty expired last month only.

In case motherboards needs replacement, in what range does it cost?

Regards,

Aniket

6 Posts

August 4th, 2013 02:00

Finally found the problem. Nothing to do with the motherboard. Keyboard was having the problem. Replacing with new keyboard resolved the problem.

1 Message

July 21st, 2014 20:00

HI,

I am having exactly the same issue, but additionally there is a continuous beep when you plug the AC source (with or without the battery).

None of the troubleshoot works

Is there any other step I could take to determine if I have the motherboard or any other component broken?

Thanks,

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

July 14th, 2013 20:00

Hi Aniket,

I am sorry for the inconvenience and I appreciate that you have performed few steps to fix the system. This seems to be an issue with the motherboard. Since the system warranty is expired, please contact the Out of Warranty department on (1-800-288-4410 U.S.Customer). In case you’re from different region let us know about it.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 15th, 2013 12:00

From Dell, expect a charge of $400 or so (in USD).  

The boards run anywhere from $150 or so (EBay) to about $300 (from a supplier that has a fixed place of business and provides a warranty).  If you don't replace the board yourself, expect about $100 or so in labor charges.

6 Posts

July 15th, 2013 16:00

Thanks ejn63.  Better I get a new laptop in that price :-)

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 15th, 2013 16:00

If you do, note that the cost of an extended warranty (3-year) is well worth it.

October 25th, 2013 23:00

Hi  Sir

I Have also same problem with my dell inspiron n5110 laptop and my warranty expired last month....what should i do? now...why these dell device causing problem with mother board? i am from india...plz  let me know what is the solution for me..

6 Posts

October 27th, 2013 05:00

Hi VUPPULUTIRANJITH ,

For me the problem was not in the motherboard but with faulty keyboard. Dell always has a standard reply that motherboard has problem. But to actually check the problem, you should keep taking out devices one at a moment and then check. I just replaced my keyboard and it worked fine.

Regards,

Naveen Bohra

1 Message

July 16th, 2014 23:00

Hi

I am having the same problem with my Dell inspiron 15R. I tried the steps you mentined earlier, and laptop turned on for some time, but suddenly it got en error-Ox0000221. it says consult your manufacturer. Please share me what keyboard problem was it and how you solved it.

Thanks,

Datta A.

July 21st, 2014 23:00

HI,

My problem is solved....actually problem was with keyboard....I unplug the keyboard and power button strip cable  from mother board and replugged it.. after that my dell device working fine...after few days problem was repeated...i did same procedure for that again what i have done previously...my problem was fixed now permanently....No issues with my laptop now....I thought  the problem with Your keyboard only once unplug and re plugg. otherwise change the keyboard and try...but I surely tell u problem is not with motherboard..don't worry about that....:emotion-1:

No Events found!