Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 4th, 2014 07:00

INSPIRON 17R SPECIAL EDITION Wave Maxx Audio 4 gone with clean windows 8.1 installation

I performed clean installation of windows 8.1 on my INSPIRON 17R 7720 SPECIAL EDITION and then installed all the drivers provided on dell website. When i played music then i noticed that audio quality wasn't the same , it was just tastless and dull . I am missing Waves MaxxAudio 4.0 which i could not find on dell driver site. PLEASE HELP!! . I can't use my Laptop without that !!!!

3 Posts

August 12th, 2015 01:00

I finally found a way to make Wave MaxxAudio working!
I did a clean Windows 7 64-bit installation on my 17R 7720 SE "half year ago".
Like everyone else, my Wave Maxxaudio was gone.
Dell coulden't help nor anything on the Internet that can address this issue.
After long time researching and attamping, Now it is back to life!!
I am able to enjoy Wave MaxxAudio on my laptop again!
Just follow all setps and you will get it work!
I have only tried these steps on my mid 2012- 17r SE 7720.

Screenshots:

==============================================================

Explaintion:

For some reasons, Windows doesn't know our sound chip is a Conexant Audio HD device.
It only recognizes it as a normal HD Audio device.
Because of that, when we try to install Conexant Audio Driver, it always returns a failure message.(No device detected)
Now, We need to force Window to know that it is a Conexant Audio HD device and make it installing Wave MaxxAudio software.

Steps:

First, you need to download few files from Dell:

Conexant Audio Driver (53MB)

IDT%20High-Definition%20Audio%20Driver(36MB)" title="http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=PMYYG" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">IDT High-Definition Audio Driver(36MB)

Conexant%20CX20672-21Z(306MB)" title="http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=G68MD" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Conexant CX20672-21Z(306MB)

2.Go to Control Panel->Programs and Features

Uninstall Dell Audio and any other CONEXANT program

3.Restart your PC and have a beer

4.VERY IMPORTANT
go and install "Audio_CNXT_W8_A00_Setup-TRK65_ZPE"
follow the installtion and you will get a Installation Failure message. THIS IS NORMAL.
now please go to "C:\Dell\Drivers\TRK65" and make sure this folder has been created.

5.Open up Device Manager
double click on Sound, video and game controllers to expend the drop down menu.
Right click on "High Definition Audio" and select "Properties"
Click Driver tab -> Update Driver

6.VERY IMPORTANT
Select
 "Browse my computer for driver software"
Select "Let me pick from a list..."
Select "Have disk"
Paste "C:\Dell\Drivers\TRK65\WRT\x64" in the box and press OK
Now, do you see that? Conexant SmartAudio HD!

Click Next, if any window pops up, just click Install this driver anyway.
Restart your PC if it asks for it.

7.VERY IMPORTANT

After restart you will notice that the audio device is not working. 
Also there is error poping up.This is normal!

Now, install "IDT High-Definition Audio Driver" and "Conexant CX20672-21Z"
This will replace your previously installed Conexant SmartAudio HD with a IDT driver.
Restart you PC again.

8.Go to control panel->Dell Audio

What you have been missing is finally back!

ENJOY.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 4th, 2014 08:00

Hello. Waves MaxxAudio is part of the audio driver download -- there is not a separate download for it. The only audio driver I see available for the 17R SE 7720 for Win 8.1 is an IDT driver, 30 MB. I would expect to see a larger file size if it included the Waves package, so Waves might not be available for your model running 8.1.

I usually think of WavesMaxx with Realtek drivers that are about 200MB. When you had Waves before, did you have an IDT driver?.  What was your operating system when you had it? There is a Windows 8 Conexant audio driver available for your model.

January 4th, 2014 09:00

yes i had an IDT Driver .My Previous OS was windows 8.

it would be really helpful if u could something like this: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-15r-se-7520?driverId=G68MD&osCode=W864&fileId=3080387716

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 4th, 2014 09:00

it would be really helpful if u could something like this: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-15r-se-7520?driverId=G68MD&osCode=W864&fileId=3080387716

I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean by that. It would be helpful if I make a link to a Conexant driver? Sorry, don't understand.

yes i had an IDT Driver

If you go to Control Panel>IDT do you get any options for MaaxAudio?

January 4th, 2014 21:00

Can i use Inspiron 15r SE 7520 Audio Driver in My Inspiron 17r SE 7720.

I was thinking after installing maxx audio by that conexant driver i will install conexant for my laptop.

What do you say??

January 4th, 2014 21:00

You said that the conexant driver containing maxx audio has size like 200mb . This link is for a conexant driver for dell inspiron 15r SE 7520.

I want something like this for my laptop. Here is the discussion from where i picked it up: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19474126.aspx

Nope no options but the symbol in front of IDT is same as the Dell Audio which would launch MaxxAudio.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 5th, 2014 05:00

You said that the conexant driver containing maxx audio has size like 200mb .

I said: "I usually think of WavesMaxx with Realtek drivers that are about 200MB .... There is a Windows 8 Conexant audio driver available for your model."

The Windows 8 Conexant audio driver available for the Inspiron 17R SE 7720 is this 53MB one

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-17r-se-7720?driverId=TRK65&osCode=W864&fileId=3087963121&languageCode=en&categoryId=AU

If you want to try the 306MB one you linked to, I don't see a problem. It will either work or not. If you create a Restore Point before installing the driver then if things don't work out you can quickly undo it with Windows System Restore. I would first remove all other audio drivers that you have downloaded, then reboot and let Windows install its native driver. When the native driver is in place you will see its name "High Definition Audio Device" in Device Manager under Sound ...Controllers.

January 5th, 2014 18:00

hmmm ... will definitely try it .. thank you..

will get back here and post the results in the hope it might help someone in future!!

1 Message

February 11th, 2017 08:00

Great work yhsieh91

No Events found!