Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 12th, 2013 03:00

INSPIRON 5520 Bluetooth setup for OONTZ speaker (cant get any sound out!)

Hi,

I have a wireless speaker called the OONTZ made by Cambridge, the speaker works fine from my Bluetooth MP3 player but when I try to run it from my INSPIRON 5520 running Win7 64 bit I can not get any sound out.

The OONtz is shows up when I do the search or what even term its called to show it in my devices and printers and the Icon is there and shows as connected but I still can not get any sound out???

Do I need something like Stage (what even that is) to make it work?  

Need help big time, its been a couple days playing around with this ;-)

1.8K Posts

July 12th, 2013 04:00

Hi escorial,

You will need to select the Bluetooth speakers as the default sound device. Please follow the steps provided below to set the default device:

1. Right click on the Speaker icon on the bottom right of the screen.
2. Click on "Playback devices"
3. The Speaker would be listed if it is connected.
4. Click on the Bluetooth Speaker and then click on the "Set Default" tab.
5. Click OK.

You will now be able to listen to the audio on the Bluetooth speaker.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

416 Posts

July 12th, 2013 07:00

Thanks worked great. Just one more question, the oontz  does have a switches to change tracks perhaps you could look at the manual here and tell me if it would be at all possible to do this? www.theoontz.com/Manual%20OontZ%20pdf%20for%20website.pdf

1.8K Posts

July 12th, 2013 07:00

Hi escorial,

Thank you for your reply and I am glad to know that you are able to play the audio on OONTZ speaker. The Bluetooth device must support AVRCP profile for the track control buttons to work. Inspiron 5520 is configured with various Wireless/Bluetooth combo card and I am sorry to inform that I could find information on the AVRCP compatibility. I suggest you to update the Bluetooth drivers to the latest version and check if the buttons work. You can download the latest drivers from the following by punching in the Service Tag and by clicking on the "Drivers & Downloads" tab:
http://dell.to/117d6Zu

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

416 Posts

July 12th, 2013 12:00

Thanks for all the help. Did update the BT drivers but the switches still do not function, would there perhaps a setting I have to enable on the laptop to get them to work?

Also one last question ;-) when the using the BT to my OOntz and I go to Dell Audio I can adjust the sliders for the voulme  and eq but nothing changes on the speaker.  If I'm wired they all work fine. Is that normal.

Again cant thank you enough!!

1.8K Posts

July 13th, 2013 08:00

Hi escorial,

Thank you for your reply and for providing an update on the status. The music player that you use to play the audio files need to support the AVRCP profile through a plugin. Windows Media Player supports this and you can check this by using the controls while playing the files in it or enable the plugin if it does not. If the controls fail to work after enabling the plugin, then this feature is not supported by the Bluetooth version on the laptop.

You will need to use the volume slider in the music player or from the Windows Mixer to change the volume as the audio software may not work as the Bluetooth speaker is selected as the "Default" device.

Please let me know about your findings.

1 Message

December 16th, 2013 09:00

Same issue except I have xps8500.  I can tell it to add a device and it finds the speaker and identifies it as an Oontz.  Places it in communication devices and says it is a headphone.  I would like to use it to play audiobooks and whatever else the pc sound puts out.  When I right click on the speaker icon the only devices listed are the Realtec speakers, nothing for the Oontz.  I believe that the problem is a driver, but which and where do I get it.

416 Posts

October 22nd, 2015 19:00

Hi,

I know this a old thread  but>

I went to use the OOtz on my other PC here running the same OS etc.

I go to ADD A DEVICE >click on thr Oontz Icon> now it shows up in my devices and printers. So now I try to auto install the drivers and they will not update so no connection

I also made sure in my Bluetooth that the check box was checked to let my pc see the OOntz., Also checked the oontz settings to make sure it was set to headset.

On the laptop the works w/ the OOntz shows up in device manager>it shows up under sounds, video game. On my pc that the Oontz  it shows up in the device manager under devices???

When I first got the Oontz it did install , update drivers an work w/o other problems. now that I tried it after a year I have this when I tried to connect...

No Events found!