Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 14th, 2017 09:00

(INSPIRON 5559) CRACKLING SOUND WHEN UNPLUGGING ADAPTER, WHY?

I recently bought a Dell inspiron 5559 (June 1, 2017). I then noticed that whenever I play audio like music or videos and plug the adapter out, I would hear a crackling sound, sounds as if its coming from the speakers. When I pause the sound and unplug then play audio the sound is made so I'm guessing the problem seems to exist whether I play audio or not. No matter where I plug the adapter out, it makes that sound. I'm worried that it might destroy the laptop, or that this is a defect that might start a fire if its a lack in how the adapter was made. It is a 45 w adapter according to what is labelled on it. sometimes i get a message saying "adapter is not recognized. system performance will be impacted etc" and I guess it happens if I don't plug the cord in properly? or is it not suppose to say that at all? Nonetheless, my main worry is the sound the laptop makes when I unplug the adapter. It goes on for maybe 3 or 4 seconds and sounds like a radio transceiver. Please comment if you know what this means, Thank you.

532 Posts

June 14th, 2017 10:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community.

You’ve reached the right department. Please do not worry. We’ll surely try to assist you. We’ll have to update certain drivers to resolve the issue. We request you to provide us with the following information, so that we can check and provide you with the right drivers.

1. Service tag/ express service code
2. Email address
3. Registered owner’s name of the system

The Service Tag is a 7-character code, and the Express Service Tag is a 10-digit code that is a numeric version of the Service Tag. Both codes are on the bottom of your laptop. You can also refer to this link which is a video that shows steps to find the service tag.

No Events found!