Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

October 18th, 2009 04:00

IRDA Not Working Under Windows 7 (Studio 1737)

Hello all,

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate on my Studio 1737. All hardware has been detected and appears to be working correctly however the media remote does not appear to work. None of the buttons do anything when used as was the case in Vista.

I have MediaDirect 4.7 installed and patched up to the latest available label as of October 18th 2009.

Also the MediaDirect button does not work (i.e. it does not load MediaDirect) when the laptop is running.

Is there any specific Dell software that is used to intercept the IR signals for loading MD, MCE, adjusting the volume, etc?

As I said all hardware is installed and the ITECIR Intrared Receiver is installed correctly so I am quite perplexed as to why it is not working.

Any help is much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Morgan

4 Posts

November 7th, 2009 08:00

Hi,

SNAP!  Same problem on my studio 1535 after I installed Windows 7

Please can somone help!  Tried updating the IR drivers but still not working!:emotion-9:

Cheers  Thomas

November 8th, 2009 14:00

I got this fixed by just installing the drivers from the supplied CD rather than the downloaded version. Everything works with Windows 7 perfect now. MediaDirect, BluRay playback, IR remote with MediaDirect, WMC and volume controls, etc. :)

4 Posts

November 10th, 2009 01:00

Hi Morgan,

Thanks for the reply.  Which supplied CD are you refering to? The one that came with the Dell or the Windows 7 supplied CD?

Everything else works fine on my laptop.  ONLY the remote control.  I have checked the remote control itself and I know that is not the problem.  I also tried updating the IRDA driver and then rolling it back.  There is no response on the laptop with regard to the remote control and it used to work fine on Vista. 

I must also say, besides the remote control issue, Windows 7 is fabulous, it has made my dell laptop such a delight to use!!! Well worth the upgrade!!!

Thanks

Best regards

Thomas

November 10th, 2009 02:00

I used the file R196531.exe from the Vista driver CD supplied. Then installed Dell MediaDirect and everything "just worked".

4 Posts

November 11th, 2009 01:00

Downloaded that driver file off the dell website and installed it. It Works!   Thanks!

1 Attachment

November 11th, 2009 01:00

I'm good ain't I ;)

9 Posts

December 23rd, 2009 08:00

Had the same problem with my 1735, and with the help of Dell's support I discovered the existence of a new driver: R232292  -

Infrared Receiver Driver
First uninstall the existing driver using Device Manager and install the new one.
Everything works for me except for the "Dell MediaDirect" key on the remote. Not a big deal as I don't use that app. Media Center, volume control, Windows Media Player controls, all work like a charm.
HTH

10 Posts

May 3rd, 2010 08:00

I had the same problem after upgrading from  from Vista 32 bit to Windows 7 64bit with my Studio 1735.  The new driver R232292 didn't work so I did this:

Go to Device Manager click on "Human Interface Devices" Right click "ITECIR Infrared Receiver" and select "Uninstall"

Next get your Drivers & Utilities disk and install the driver: ITE IT8512 CIR Receiver   Rev: A01

Works fine now, good luck,

Mike.

No Events found!