Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 25th, 2013 02:00

ISRT problem

I'm using inspiron 14z ultrabook i7 that comes with 500gb + 32gb SSD mSATA...

Recently my university offer me free original windows 8 64 bit...

so i want to change because i'm using windows 7...

in boot...i want to install my windows 8...but my drive is not found...

so i searched how to fix that and found that i have to change the format of sata from ISRT to AHCI...

and it worked...

But the problem is i cant use the isrt advantage...i've download the isrt driver from DELL website...when i want to install the isrt back to my windows 8...it says that my laptop "not meet minimum requirement"
i thought that it must be because i'm using the AHCI format...so i change it back to isrt...but the windows crashed...

i've read some article said that it is because the isrt acceleration is not disable..but how can i disable it since i cant even install the isrt driver..

I want to use windows 8 and ISRT both...how? can you help...

and also i've change the bios mode from legacy to UEFI... 

750 Posts

June 25th, 2013 06:00

Hi ZaidWong,

To utilize Intel Smart Response Technology in Windows 8, the BIOS mode should be in UEFI. Please follow the below mentioned steps to reinstall Windows 8 with Intel Smart Response Technology:

1. Ensure to first back up any data on the computer.
  2. Download and save Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers using the following link: http://dell.to/12gomHC
  3. Copy the downloaded file to a USB flash drive/memory stick.
  4. Restart the computer and tap F2 key at Dell logo to enter the BIOS.
  5. Change the SATA Operating from AHCI to Intel Smart Response Technology.
  6. Press F10 to save the changes, exit BIOS, and initiate Windows 8 installation using the install media that you have got.
  7. At the screen where you are prompted to select install location, connect the USB flash drive to the computer.
  8. Click Load drivers and browse to the folder on the USB flash drive that contains the drivers, and continue with the installation.
  9. Once the reinstallation is completed, install all the drivers.
  10. Refer the following link for the instructions to install drivers in correct order: http://dell.to/Ynnsnr
  11. Once the drivers are installed, refer the following link to configure Intel Smart Response Technology: http://dell.to/13Cfdsw

Please post the results.

9 Posts

June 25th, 2013 10:00

I've installed the driver and it said... I mustahil Load drive for 32bit but signifikan the 64 drive... Coz it cant instill unsigned 64bit..i don't understand that

9 Posts

June 25th, 2013 11:00

And i have done all the instruction u asked.... The windows is instill.. But it crash... It says "operating system could not be loaded Because a criticall system drive is missing or continue errors...

File:\windows \system32\driver\iaStorA.sys

Error code: 0xc0000359

750 Posts

June 27th, 2013 06:00

Hi ZaidWong,

I have responded to your private message. Kindly check and let me know the requested information.

No Events found!