Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

September 6th, 2013 12:00

Incompatibility between wireless and bluetooth (Inspire 15 3521)

Hi, I have a Inspire 15 3521 running over windows 8 and constantly the internet fall down despite the excellent signal.
The limited word appears and I'm obliged restart the connection and some times the laptop. I did the changes on configuration like Dell suggested and the wireless works a little bit better until the bluetooth turns on.

When the bluetooth is on the wireless fall down immediately and the limited word appers again. Sometimes it works but not for long.

The updates are up to date (windows 8 and drivers Dell).

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks.

Marcelo

2.6K Posts

September 6th, 2013 14:00

Hi Marcelo,

Please try the steps mentioned in this video to fix Limited connectivity issue: http://dell.to/14r7t0v

Please post the results.

8 Posts

September 9th, 2013 11:00

Hi Nikhil D,
I did the steps like you mentioned and the Limited connectivity seems good. But I had have anotlher connectivity problem with my Bluetooth.
When I turn it on the connection internet fall down (the word Limited appears again). 
Do you have any ideas?

Thanks.

Marcelo

2.6K Posts

September 10th, 2013 11:00

Hi Marcelo,

I suggest you to uninstall the Wireless card drivers, restart the computer and reinstall it by following the below mentioned steps:

1. Open Charms search box.
  2. Type “Device Manager” in the search box and select it.
  3. Expand “Network Adapters”.
  4. Right Click Wireless card listed and select Uninstall and ensure to check the box “Delete driver software for this device”.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
  6. Restart the computer.
  7. Visit the following website: http://dell.to/17F08dH
  8. Enter the Service tag of the computer in the box provided and click “Submit”.
  9. In the next page, click drop down arrow to select the Operating System which is installed in the computer.
  10. Under category Network, select the wireless network drivers accordingly and click “Download File” and save the file on desktop.
  11. Run the downloaded file and restart the system.
  12. Try connecting to the wireless network.

Please post the results.

8 Posts

September 16th, 2013 09:00

Hi Nikhil,

I did all steps you said and the problem continues. I reinstalled the Bluetooth and Wireless drives.
I don't know where's the problem if the Windows or the hardware.
Do you have another suggestion?
Thanks.

Marcelo

No Events found!