Incorrect drivers/software on Dell support page

The first indication was the hardware being made by other than my hardware manufacturer... example I have sigmatel for audio... the drivers had not been updated since before I bought the computer. Now there is a new driver on the list that goes to my service tag made by IDT. Furthermore all of the wares listed for my computer automatically say this is not for your computer when they attempt install.

Any chance of getting this forwarded to the support department... Should I list my service tag here. Yes my warranty has expired, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to get my drivers and software.

Dell laptop xps1530 or 37 not sure which since the label on the front says 1530 but the service tag says 1537.

Anyway I lost the driver disc somehow. I am trying to get the quickstart software in hopes that it will have the utility to turn on blue tooth device searching.

On a serious side note. To the Dell folks if you want me to make another purchase service will have to be improved. Until then marketing will get nowhere.

As to the forums is it possible to turn of your right click menu it blocks my own? Maybe make it a toggle instead?

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but this computer has been nothing but frustration since day one. It really lets me down compared to what I expected from your company. I hope something can be done to remedy that so that we can move to a more cohesive customer/vendor relationship.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Incorrect drivers/software on Dell support page

The big key thing to this topic is that the drivers for my unit are not listed under the service tag number the drivers for another computer are.

0 Kudos

Re: Incorrect drivers/software on Dell support page

My suggested answer is for Dell to get off their collective laurels and make some updates. Seriously you guys have got some bad drivers or wrong drivers.

0 Kudos