Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

June 26th, 2012 08:00

Incredible journey with DELL SUPPORT

Incredible journey with DELL SUPPORT

Dear dell support

I'll describe here my incredible journey i've experienced, and am still experiencing with your support. I bought my laptop in Slovakia, but everything described here happened with spanish support, since i'm living here.

Problems with my laptop started very early, and i've tried to solve them with slovak support. They threw  me back and forth like a hot potato, and at the end, they adviced me to call spanish support. Ok that sounded logically.

I had problem with hinges of the display and bluescreen errors. Technician told me that according to amount of problems, they will have to take the computer for week, maybe more. My papers says that i have next day warranty. Delivery service came to pickup the laptop two days after my call. It took them 10 days to change display, reinstall windows and deliver it back. For me pretty simple repairment, which could be done by technician at my place.

I would't mind if they actually fixed the problem. Display was replaced, everything was fine, but guess what i got after first boot. Error message and bluescreens!

Ok, i've called again complaining, that i'm still getting bluescreens and error messages while booting. Of course i was adviced to reinstall OS, which i've done like 15x already since i have the computer ! This time i was uncompromising. They promised me, that monday(i've called friday) they will send technician with new motherboard and harddisk. Guess what, he never showed up ! Next day I had to call(!) again asking what happened. I have been told, that they doesn't have necessary parts available and it can take couple of days to supply them. So after over week of waiting, they wanted me to wait another couple days, the more, without noticing me? Ok, this way cannot company like DELL work, i told myself. I wanted to complain so i was adviced to call customer care and tell my opinion as the only possible solution. I did so, and guess what. Parts were suddenly available. Next day they called and informed me, that day after will come technician. Anyway, instead of getting next day repairment, i've got next 5 days repairment.

Eventually technician came and did the job, so i've started to install my system again about 20th time in a row already. Suprisingly, i was getting again several different types of bluescreens while installing basic windows updates. Same old problem. Believe me, i'm frustrated of it too. I believed that after replacing MB and HDD, everything will work. I have no idea what can be wrong.

What else could I do as call tech support again. I've explained problem and do you have idea what i was adviced ? To make a picture with my camera or cellphone of bluescreen, when it appears, and send it by email to the tech support. After all those troubles and experiences with tech support he adviced me this ? Seriously ? I've disagreed with this solution because it was timeconsuming. Next advice was to REINSTALL the OS (again?!?) and install all drivers in correct order as i can find it at dell webpage. I respond that i can try it, but i've already did it too many times, and i really doubt that it's gonna help and i need some other resolution from their side. He promised me that next week (i've called again friday) they will contact me and discuss solution. Well guest what, week passed without any dell interrest about my case.

My last call was this friday 22.6.2012. From old phonecalls with dell support, i was informed, that when some problem persist for third time, i have right to ask for new machine. So when i was offered to replace CPU unit and RAM modules, i was really negative about this solution and insisted on getting completely new one. I think, that after this complicated journey, full of igorance and dissapointment i have absolute right for that. Person at support ensured me, that next week they will contact me and tell me the solution.

For my surprise, called me support and tried to convince me, that replacement of parts is the best solution, and that i have very low chances to get new replacement. I told them that i completely understand, and maybe parts replacement will solve this problem, but at this point after all the problems, i strongly disagree with this resolution and i insist on getting new machine. Unfortunately our call was interrupted and he never called back. Not even after 10 minutes, not after one hour. Never. So during lunch I had to call back AGAIN and ask what is happening with my case. I was ensured, that the same day, they will call me back and discuss resolution. I probably doesn't have to write what happened, because it did - absolutely nothing. Nobody called even next day.

So here i am, writing this public and hoping, that maybe now i'll have your attention. After all that unprofessionalism and ignorance from spanish dell support im totally desperate, exhausted and disgusted by your approach to clients. I don't know, if it works like this only here in Spain, or everywhere, anyway, i have quite bad meaning about whole your company services already. After over three weeks of playing with me, your support couldn't solve problems with my computer, and are still playing with me.

Important thing to notice is that every time i've called, i had to wait approx 10-20 minutes on the line until i got on turn. So i've spent some serious money just by calling the support. Not to mention that all this time period i cannot work on this computer, so i'm getting some serious damage here.

96 Posts

June 26th, 2012 09:00

its too bad things are like this....DELL used to have a good reputation...keep bugging them before your warranty is up...keep fighting the fight

No Events found!