RE: Inpiron 15R 5537 - Bad game performance or unability to Sleep/Hibernate?

Jump to solution

Good to hear that I'm not the only one, but very disappointing of course...

Have you spoken to Dell on this issue?

Hello i have spoke to DELL regarding this and still speaking, i have explained them clearly that the problem can be solved only by giving a updated drivers and the answer what they are giving is NEW VERSION DRIVERS ARE CREATING PROBLEMS not the old drivers. I think they are blind, these many people are facing these problem and they are telling me there is no problem with this driver

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi all,

same problem here. Catalyst 13.9 works.

The Dell Support suggested Mainboard replacement.

From my point of view this will not help, due to it's fixable with new drivers.

Does anyone have experiences concerning Mainboard replacement?

Best Regards,

Michael

bro i suggest you not to go for MAIN BOARD replacement it doesn't solve your problem and the thing is you ll start facing many other if you replace MAIN Board for laptops. I'm telling you this with my personal experience.

I'm calling DELL in a daily basis to get pressure on them to update the drivers. Even you people do that they may respond if they get huge pressure from as many customers who are using this model

0 Kudos
MaRaNtZ777
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Here in Italy we have bought 3 Dell inspiron 17R 5737, and after upgrading to Win8.1 all of them exposes the problem of black screen when the lid is closed. It's really a driver/software incompatibility. i really really doubt of an hardware failure fixable by replacing main board.

Dell is falling down in term of reliability, they *MUST* fix these issues, that are very easy to replicate. Just setup a stock 17R 5757, upgrade to Win8.1, close the lid, then.... BLACK SCREEN, and the only way is to do a nasty power cycle. Absurd!

We use them at the office, so we can survive NEVER closing lid (btw, i have disabled power options on lid close, but still a black screen occur). Anyway we should make HUGE pressure for having this incredible issue sorted out with an update package from dell, specific for Win8.1 (maybe an Intel/Amd driver update).

Regards,

Paolo
Italy

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Guys got the solution

I did this on my Inspiron 15R 5537 with AMD 8850M on Windows 8.1

1.Update the Bios version to A08 link : http://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/indhs1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=6D4JN&fileId=338179800...

2.Uninstall display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller in SAFE MODE

3.Install Intel Graphic Driver from Dell ver 10.18.10.3308 link : http://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/indhs1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=Y3FHH&fileId=332181412...

and restart

4.Install Latest AMD Mobility Catalyst 14.4 from AMD support site link : http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows%208.1%20-%2064#amd-catalyst-packages

and restart

5.Open CMD as Admin and type "  powercfg -restoredefaultschemes  "

6.Download and Open AMDEnduroFix_DX9 and click apply Fix and restart link : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwMfCsXwjEEeeEZKWFVpMzM2b28/edit

7.Enjoy.

no sleep/Hibernate problems and gaming performance is very good.

The name in Device Manger will be AMD R9 M265X but ignore it. Don't worry

HossamTyson
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Excellent ,Nice work 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Excellent ,Nice work 

Thank you...

Glad that worked for you.

0 Kudos
casalvjarr
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dell realeased a new driver just yesterday, but I don't have the time to take the risk to try it out (never change a running system...).

Anyone else giving it a try? Please let me know your experience!

thx

Cas

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Dell realeased a new driver just yesterday, but I don't have the time to take the risk to try it out (never change a running system...).

Anyone else giving it a try? Please let me know your experience!

thx

Cas

I'll try and let you know ASAP... I noticed a a update and even downloaded it and I'll try it ASAP

0 Kudos
Atayef
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hey,

I had the same problem but i managed to solve it just by installing the updated drivers on dell website in the following link:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15r-5537/drivers

Both Sleep/Hibernation and Gaming Performance works like charm on Windows 8.1

Regards.

0 Kudos
Ajben
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I'm very sorry 4 posting here, I'm new and don't know how to create a post.....I own a dell inspiron 3541 laptop with AMD E1 processor @ 1.4ghz,,, but to me its too slow,,, is it possible to upgrade the processor.... Please reply asap

0 Kudos