Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 20th, 2014 08:00

Inpiron 15R 5537 - Bad game performance or unability to Sleep/Hibernate?

This post is both a complaint and a call for a solution that is a real troubleshooter.

The problem is: After I've updated my notebook to Windows 8.1, I've noticed the screen wouldn't power back up from sleep. I instantly google'd for answers and I found out it would get fixed if I installed both latest Intel HD and AMD drivers. All set and done, problem was finally fixed, and everything appeared to work just fine... Until I installed Left 4 Dead 2 and tried to test it: The video performance was incredibly <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> . I was like "Jesus, it's only L4D2 and this graphic card can't handle even the menu scren!?". So I google'd it, because a HD 8850M that doesn't run a game as old as that isn't normal. My solution was: Install generic AMD drivers. And the problem was over. Not only that, I was able to play even Battlefield 4. But then I locked the computer and wasn't able to wake it back up... again...

Long story short: I'm pissed about it and I really wan't to know: Why the <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> did you guys put Intel HD Graphics and AMD HD Board altogether? If I have a <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> 8850M why the hell am I going to need a <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> Intel HD Graphics? If you guys had this brilliant idea, why aren't you able to develop a decent driver, one that enables the 8850M the high performance it can handle and put the Intel HD to handle whatever it is that it has to handle? and finally: If there is a solution to both the problems, which is it?

Thanks in advance for any help that is actually helpful.

An unsatisfied customer.

2 Posts

May 25th, 2014 02:00

Thank you for sharing this driver problem solution nondrak8

This was the fix for my Inspirion 17R 5737 to use sleep mode normal again. Also HD performance is now back to normal (it was peaking a lot). Unfortunaletly 3D performance with AMD grapics still no solution.

By the way my BIOS came with the A07 version from stock. Strange that they do not show this update on the Inspirion 17R 5737 driver page!

June 13th, 2014 21:00

options like hibernate/sleep works fine with AMD 13.151.0.0 version but GAMEPLAY is not good infact very UGLY

I asked Dell about this and all they can say is wait until we release new version of drivers.

actually the fact is they r never going to update them. this version 13.151.0.0 is very older version.

the latest version for AMD 8850M is 14.00.0.0 and all Dell have to do is just modify that latest driver according to LAPTOP model give us. But don't know why they never respond.

July 2nd, 2014 21:00

Good to hear that I'm not the only one, but very disappointing of course...

Have you spoken to Dell on this issue?

Hello i have spoke to DELL regarding this and still speaking, i have explained them clearly that the problem can be solved only by giving a updated drivers and the answer what they are giving is NEW VERSION DRIVERS ARE CREATING PROBLEMS not the old drivers. I think they are blind, these many people are facing these problem and they are telling me there is no problem with this driver

July 2nd, 2014 21:00

Hi all,

same problem here. Catalyst 13.9 works.

The Dell Support suggested Mainboard replacement.

From my point of view this will not help, due to it's fixable with new drivers.

Does anyone have experiences concerning Mainboard replacement?

Best Regards,

Michael

bro i suggest you not to go for MAIN BOARD replacement it doesn't solve your problem and the thing is you ll start facing many other if you replace MAIN Board for laptops. I'm telling you this with my personal experience.

I'm calling DELL in a daily basis to get pressure on them to update the drivers. Even you people do that they may respond if they get huge pressure from as many customers who are using this model

July 8th, 2014 03:00

Here in Italy we have bought 3 Dell inspiron 17R 5737, and after upgrading to Win8.1 all of them exposes the problem of black screen when the lid is closed. It's really a driver/software incompatibility. i really really doubt of an hardware failure fixable by replacing main board.

Dell is falling down in term of reliability, they *MUST* fix these issues, that are very easy to replicate. Just setup a stock 17R 5757, upgrade to Win8.1, close the lid, then.... BLACK SCREEN, and the only way is to do a nasty power cycle. Absurd!

We use them at the office, so we can survive NEVER closing lid (btw, i have disabled power options on lid close, but still a black screen occur). Anyway we should make HUGE pressure for having this incredible issue sorted out with an update package from dell, specific for Win8.1 (maybe an Intel/Amd driver update).

Regards,

Paolo
Italy

August 17th, 2014 17:00

Excellent ,Nice work 

August 18th, 2014 10:00

Excellent ,Nice work 

Thank you...

Glad that worked for you.

8 Posts

September 19th, 2014 14:00

Dell realeased a new driver just yesterday, but I don't have the time to take the risk to try it out (never change a running system...).

Anyone else giving it a try? Please let me know your experience!

thx

Cas

September 19th, 2014 19:00

Dell realeased a new driver just yesterday, but I don't have the time to take the risk to try it out (never change a running system...).

Anyone else giving it a try? Please let me know your experience!

thx

Cas

I'll try and let you know ASAP... I noticed a a update and even downloaded it and I'll try it ASAP

2 Posts

October 18th, 2014 16:00

Hey,

I had the same problem but i managed to solve it just by installing the updated drivers on dell website in the following link:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15r-5537/drivers

Both Sleep/Hibernation and Gaming Performance works like charm on Windows 8.1

Regards.

5 Posts

October 18th, 2014 17:00

I'm very sorry 4 posting here, I'm new and don't know how to create a post.....I own a dell inspiron 3541 laptop with AMD E1 processor @ 1.4ghz,,, but to me its too slow,,, is it possible to upgrade the processor.... Please reply asap

1 Message

October 22nd, 2014 02:00

hello brother,

my self ankit. i have bought this laptop dell inspiron 15r 5537 for mostly gaming use

but i an really dissapointed with the gaming performance of this lappy.

please help me out

i have tried many things but none of it works

it will be greatfull if you really help me out thanks

2 Posts

December 26th, 2014 12:00

Dear thank you for sharing this useful info.

But i have facing a problem, i am not able to find AMDEnduroFix_DX9 at any website and also your given link because file was removed google drive.

Can you please help me out to find AMDEnduroFix_DX9 software.

Thanks in advance.

2 Posts

December 28th, 2014 00:00

Dear VISHNUKANTH1993

Please confirm mention below AMD 14.4 is this the same one which you are reffering in step 4

[View:drivers.softpedia.com/.../AMD-Mobility-Catalyst-Graphics-Driver-144.shtml:550:0]

Waiting for your prompt response.

Thanks in advance.

1 Message

April 1st, 2015 00:00

Hi VISHNUKANTH1993, I've been following your process and I couldn't complete the Step 6 which says to download and open Amd Enduro fix dx9. The problem is that I can't find a link to download it. The link you've given doesn't open. It says that the file is no longer available. Do you have any other link? Please share. Btw, I'm  doing this to improve the gaming performance only. I don't have any blue screen or any other such errors. Do I even need to complete this step in this case?

No Events found!