Not applicable

RE: Inpiron 15R 5537 - Bad game performance or unability to Sleep/Hibernate?

Jump to solution

Dear DaniloCodecoCarvalho,

Please check my post here

I found solution

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/p/19542884/20517310.aspx#20517310

0 Kudos
Desperation88
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi,

I've found temporary solution for our problem. It's good to have latest drivers for both video cards, but If you want to sleep, hibernate, shutdown your laptop or use fast startup function please disable Radeon video card in Device Manager. When you resume work and you want to play some game, you can enable your Radeon.

Greets from Poland
Piotr

PS: We have to make notifications to Dell and AMD for new drivers to Radeon if we want to use video card without disabling it.

Jump to solution

I've followed this steps twice, and it did not work.

I bought Dell laptop after eight years of using Mac. I was fool enough to think that the difference in price is worth switching to PC. It is not! My time wasted during two weeks of trying to make this "computer" work is worth a lot more and no one is going to give it back to me.

Not to mention that not even single Dell technitian contributed to this thread.

lkkljkjslkjsl
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi all,

same problem here. Catalyst 13.9 works.

The Dell Support suggested Mainboard replacement.

From my point of view this will not help, due to it's fixable with new drivers.

Does anyone have experiences concerning Mainboard replacement?

Best Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
MChuckster
1 Copper

Jump to solution

So yeah, just bought the laptop, 17r 5737 w/ radeon 8870m and im so <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute Characters removed as per TOU>.

I can't find my best configuration, I've already installed maybe 3 different drivers for intel and amd.

Help me, what's the best configuration of drivers now?

0 Kudos
Mentat82
1 Copper

Jump to solution

The only solution, which worked for me was to uninstall 'intel management engine interface driver'. Apparently there is something in it, which was preventing integrated (intel) and external (amd/ati) GPUs to switch.

0 Kudos
Toby111
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Following the removal of the intel management engine driver, is your AMD card still capable of auto-switching and detecting 3-d intensive games/programs ? Any random crashes when running Windows or any other programs ?

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Mentat82
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Auto-switching works really awesome now, even when I use alt+tab I am able to notice auto-switch straight away. Not a single BSOD, nor any crashes since I have uninstalled IMEI (intel management engine interface driver). You may ask how do I know that the auto-switch works, well I can see changes in fps and I am able to hear a fan going on/off.

From what I have read IMEI allows remote access to IME, therefore, you do not need it unless you would like to access your laptop remotely.

I have almost forgot to uninstall IMEI simply use your control panel >> uninstall a program. It is listed over there.

0 Kudos
JteHoonte
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you for sharing this driver problem solution nondrak8

This was the fix for my Inspirion 17R 5737 to use sleep mode normal again. Also HD performance is now back to normal (it was peaking a lot). Unfortunaletly 3D performance with AMD grapics still no solution.

By the way my BIOS came with the A07 version from stock. Strange that they do not show this update on the Inspirion 17R 5737 driver page!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

options like hibernate/sleep works fine with AMD 13.151.0.0 version but GAMEPLAY is not good infact very UGLY

I asked Dell about this and all they can say is wait until we release new version of drivers.

actually the fact is they r never going to update them. this version 13.151.0.0 is very older version.

the latest version for AMD 8850M is 14.00.0.0 and all Dell have to do is just modify that latest driver according to LAPTOP model give us. But don't know why they never respond.

0 Kudos