Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2010 23:00

Inspirion 1440: Battery Notification

Purchased my laptop in April 2010. Here it is October 2010 and I am being told my battery has reached the end and it is recommended I buy a new one. This was a brand new computer purchased at Best Buy. Has anyone else gone through this? I apparently have a warranty until May 2011 through Dell but from what I can read they will surely say I caused it and not replace it. Also, I noticed 3 weeks after I got it what sounds like a hard drive under the left part of the computer clicks occasionally. This is my first laptop and I am regretting getting this one. Feel like I should have went with an HP.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 16th, 2010 04:00

Both issues are covered under warranty.  Rather than wallow in doubt and whining, have you actually considered contacting Best Buy with the issue?

By all means - next time, go with HP - their reliability /service/support make Dell look like  a stellar standout.  NO ONE does those worse than HP.

October 16th, 2010 10:00

Well, while I would like to thank you for your response, the rude nature of it is making it difficult. I have every intention of contacting Dell regarding the warranty. I happen to be in and out of the hospital right now with cancer and just trying to pick the brains of fellow Dell users to see if there is anyone who has experienced the same thing. I am not wallowing in anything and surely not whining. Yes, I am going to Best Buy as soon as I can, looking for the receipt first, FYI. I have never had to contact HP for service and this is my first laptop so I am rather wet behind the ears. Next time, instead of being rude, why don't you just not reply? Thank you and have a great life.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 16th, 2010 11:00

It is a simple matter to bring the system back to Best Buy.  They can easily look up the purchase record from your phone number.

As for the tone of the reply, re-read your original post.  It indicates you are more interested in complaining than in replying.

As for not having problems with HP, well -- I guess some of their systems must be trouble-free.  A large percentage of them -- a larger percentage than for any other manufacturer - - are not.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/11/17/reliability.study.has.apple.4th.place/

611 Posts

October 16th, 2010 19:00

Well, while I would like to thank you for your response, the rude nature of it is making it difficult. I have every intention of contacting Dell regarding the warranty. I happen to be in and out of the hospital right now with cancer and just trying to pick the brains of fellow Dell users to see if there is anyone who has experienced the same thing. I am not wallowing in anything and surely not whining. Yes, I am going to Best Buy as soon as I can, looking for the receipt first, FYI. I have never had to contact HP for service and this is my first laptop so I am rather wet behind the ears. Next time, instead of being rude, why don't you just not reply? Thank you and have a great life.

Sounded like whining to me??  If you registered your system with Dell when you purchased it from BB, you should contact Dell for warranty service.  BB will likely do nothing except try to charge you for inspection and handling

1 Message

December 23rd, 2010 17:00

Not sure if you will see this post 2 months later, but I also had the same problem with my laptop battery. I just got on Dell.com and put in my service tag which is on the bottom of your laptop. Then I did a live chat with a Dell rep and since my laptop is still under warranty he immediately put a new battery in the mail. It was really easy. Sorry you had to endure the other nasty comments. I didn't think you whining. I thought you were asking advice. Since I had the same problem, I thought I would let you know. Merry Christmas!

1 Message

October 11th, 2011 20:00

This also happened to me.  Did you figure out why it happened and did Best Buy or Dell repair it for you for free if you got it fixed?

No Events found!