Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2017 12:00

Inspirion 15 3000 series randomly goes to sleep, how do I fix it?

Hi there, my friend recently got this laptop and we decided to play some mkx, after 10 or so minutes, the laptop goes to sleep mode. I went to the settings and there was an option to put the laptop to sleep on charger after 10 minutes. I disabled that option, however, it is still going to sleep. I am using Windows 10 if matters. Any solutions?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 24th, 2017 14:00

:emotion-2:

I'm assuming you have the latest windows update (Creators Update) on the system.....

Please type Settings onto [Cortana] search box, System, and then Power & Sleep. Look to the right side of page, select Addition Power Settings, and then "Change When The Computer Sleeps". Please set 10 minutes or more on both Turn Off The Display and Put The Computer To Sleep. Further, set the same minutes for both battery On and Plugged In, and then select Save Changes.

3 Posts

July 24th, 2017 15:00

that made it even worse, i cant get it out of sleep

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 25th, 2017 06:00

Please power off system. Remove all peripherals, AC adapter, and battery. Press the "Power On" button for about 15 seconds to release Static Flea Power. Replace battery, adapter, and then power on system. Hopefully computer starts normally.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 25th, 2017 06:00

In the Power Options setting, please set to Never on both On Battery & Plugged In , and then select Save Changes, see image below):

3 Posts

July 28th, 2017 09:00

that didnt work, it still shuts down

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 28th, 2017 18:00

Does the system shuts down in windows or soon as you power on the system ? It shut down only when you're playing "mkx" or any other games? Watching movies or videos ? By the way, please list exact Dell model number - Ex: Dell Inspiron 3543). If you don't know, type msinfo32 onto [Cortana] search box and then look for System model.

No Events found!