Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 4th, 2017 08:00

Inspirion 1545 laptop battery issue

Dear Team,

I would like to know the battery is original or not. I have purchased this from Dell Authorize distributor  Model no is : KR-X2855-62219-38D-0298

Please check and update me.

Second issue....the battery got discharged completely and I connected the power supply to charge the battery.

After 100% charged when I remove the adaptor After five second laptop get automatlically shutdown.

everytime need to restart the laptop.

Third issue... I need to press multiple time/randomly power on button then only laptop get boot.

Regards

Rahul Soni 

52 Posts

March 4th, 2017 10:00

And what happens when you use the original battery ?

3 Posts

March 4th, 2017 20:00

HI Dued905,

Thanks for reply,

The Orignial battery not charging anymore but the issue is same like need to press power button multiple time....

Can you chceck the battery original or not ?  Model no. mention in first post. if you cant help then whom  should i contact?

Regards

Rahul  Soni

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

March 5th, 2017 07:00

I don't know if you live in the States but I got a battery from Batteries+ for my 1545 and it worked well.

When you recharged the new battery to 100%, did it take a normal amount of time or was it fairly fast?  But the new battery did work on the system originally?

As Dued905 may be looking at, the charger can also have problems.  Any chance you have one of the mobile chargers you could try?

52 Posts

March 5th, 2017 07:00

Hi ... My point was to see whether if its the battery or something . I mean if your original battery would work more than a few minutes then you know it has to be the replacement battery faulty . But since you can't even use the original you can't tell . This replacement battery does the specs add up with the original, like whats the mAh & Wh, are they the same ?

9.4K Posts

March 7th, 2017 05:00

Additionally, the charging circuit on the motherboard may be having a problem.  You can troubleshoot with Tech Support over the phone.  If you still have warranty, and it's the motherboard, it can be fixed.  If it's the AC adapter, those are considered normal wear and tear parts and can be purchased from either Dell Spare Parts or parts-people.com, they will have the motherboards as well.

No Events found!