Highlighted
PDsales
1 Copper

Inspirion 15R "Battery Not Charging" Problem Solved

In another very old thread that I could not add to, one writer suggested removing the battery and running the laptop off the charger.

So I removed the battery. The charger was already connected to 120VAC so I plugged the connector into the laptop with the battery removed.

The screen flashed for one blip and went dark. So I pulled out the connector from the laptop. Screen flashed for one  blip and went dark.

Repeated with same results.

Then it dawned on me that the laptop was only seeing power just before the connector reached its end of travel. So I inserted the plug into the laptop and pulled it back out about 1/16".

Problem solved. Power supply was good. Battery was good. But mating between connector plug and socket was not connecting at end of travel. Pulling the plug gently out of the laptop just a fraction of an inch did the trick and I am back in action.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

RE: Inspirion 15R "Battery Not Charging" Problem Solved

PD sales wrote: " So I inserted the plug into the laptop and pulled it back out about 1/16"

emoticon.BigSmile.title

This happen a lot to these newer notebooks. The older computer, you could jam the plug all the way into the computer and you won't received that error code. Thanks for sharing solution and others to see.

0 Kudos