Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 4th, 2017 03:00

Inspirion 7577 mouse stutter problem

Hello,

I have recently bought the inspirion 7577 with the 1060 gtx and 256 gb ssd. But it seems that my mouse stutters when I sometimes right click on the desktop or sometimes when I open a program. Is there a fix for this problem?

3 Posts

December 4th, 2017 07:00

I a using a mouse (so not the touchpad) which works fine on my other dell laptop

• 

16.7K Posts

December 4th, 2017 07:00

MRANDRE96,

Click the link below for resolving touchpad issues with your laptop.

Touchpad Usage and Troubleshooting Guide

3 Posts

December 5th, 2017 07:00

I have the exact same issue, mouse stutters a lot when doing some operations. For me simply clicking on the desktop will make the mouse stop moving for 1 second. It's probably an driver issue but I'm not sure which one.

3 Posts

December 5th, 2017 15:00

When I disable the nvidia graphics card in the device manager the mouse functions normally. Is there a workaround setting currently to solve this?

January 2nd, 2018 04:00

The issue is caused by a bug with Nvidia Optimus technology which causes certain actions to trigger rapid switching between the integrated and dedicated gpu. It impacts a wide range of laptops but remains unfixed. You can see the issue demonstrated here: www.youtube.com/watch.

The workaround is to always keep the dedicated gpu active (which basically defeats the purpose of Optimus technology). This app was made to implement that workaround until the real issue is actually fixed: github.com/.../TrayPwrD3.

The good news is that Intel is apparently looking into the problem and with any luck there may be a real fix soon. You can follow the Intel community thread where Bryce@Intel responded that they have started to debug the issue: communities.intel.com/.../119093.

The issue is also being tracked on a Microsoft thread: answers.microsoft.com/.../93e7004a-62b1-4211-8e37-4c136608865e.

Spread the news so we can get a fix!

No Events found!