Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2014 16:00

Inspirion n5010 seven beeps on fn+power button

Hi,

Last month my windows started BSOD 0x00000116, with a flash of "hearts" at or a second after POST.

Thought i solved it by booting without RAM cards, which solved it immediately but lasted for less the a week.

Then was solved again by re-installing window. Before re-installing windows neither manual nor automatic update of the GPU driver didn't solved it. 

After I re-installed windows all was fine for about a week of automatic updates - almost immediately after sp1 for win7 update the BSOD started again.

I left it off for the week days, only to find it in current status:

On a regular power-on screen won't illuminate, neither on F1 pressing when a VGA & HDMI screen connected.

On a Fn+Power i have the seven beeps code, and still nothing on the display.

I'm on inspirion n5010. ATI Radeon, 8giga ram, win7.

I will Thankfully appreciate any patient for reading and any try for help.

I bought it more then 3 years ago so sadly my WARRANTY IS VOID.

Best regards,

Dave

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 21st, 2014 00:00

Hi Dave,

Good work on troubleshooting. 7 Beeps on startup on an Inspiron N5010 system means a processor failure. I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check if the system switches ON

1. Switch off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
  3. Remove the battery from the computer.
  4. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
  5. Then connect back all the peripherals and check if you are able to switch on the system.

If the system does not boot up then you may have to replace system board or the processor on the computer. Send me a private message with the system service tag and your contact details to assist you further.  Please click on my name and click Start Conversation to send me a private message.

Please reply me with the results.

2 Posts

June 21st, 2014 03:00

HI Ravi,

Thank you for trying to help. :)

Though the booting without any power then booting normally didn't work.

I'm still getting the 7 BEEPS when booting on Fn, and nothing when booting normally.

I have sent you my service TAG details in PM. 

Thanks and best regards,

Dave.

No Events found!