Highlighted
1 Copper

Inspiron 11 3000 series is terribly slow and frustrating

Jump to solution

Hi,

I bought this laptop just a week ago and I'm already fed up now.
 It is too slow. I can't open 3 tabs at once.

Once I open a simple news site and then google and then another site, it becomes soooo slow and loads forever. Very frustrating. I have had to restart my system every 15 mins. This is the worst I have seen of DELL.

Please what should I do?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
10 Diamond

RE: Inspiron 11 3000 series is terribly slow and frustrating

Jump to solution

If you're not happy, you can return the system for replacement within 21 days of shipment.

Remember - this is a very low-end system -- basically a glorified tablet.  It's not capable of high performance in any sense of that term.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
10 Diamond

Jump to solution

If you're not happy, you can return the system for replacement within 21 days of shipment.

Remember - this is a very low-end system -- basically a glorified tablet.  It's not capable of high performance in any sense of that term.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks Ejn63,

It's actually better now. At least for the past 7-8 hours that I tried their suggestion. I bombarded them with tweets and they responded that I should try the f8 reboot at startup.

I did so and I have been able to open 6, 7 tabs at once and work fast. Still cooperating with me. I so much love this laptop I couldn't believe it frustrated me at first.

Let's hope nothing changes.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

What a useless reply for your customers who have the same problem with DELL Inspiron 11 3000 Series! I have the same problem and see no solution here!  Why does the computer not wake from sleep and require a manual shut down and repeated depressions of the on/off button to get it to start, and when it does it take ages to do so?  This laptop is incredibly slow and I do not recommend anyone to buy it!   And with this type of customer service - it appears you don't get much support after you buy it!

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

What is the f8 reboot at start up?  Can you point us to instructions?  I, too, am having problems with the darn thing being so slow.  Guess I am just used to a better computer.  Also, it never indicates that is doing something--no lights flashing, or globes spinning.  

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I'm in the same boat.  It is a low end system but in todays world it should at least browse the internet without issue.  But the laptop  is so slow hat it is basically useless.  I am looking for a solution.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

On systems with low end RAM, my first tweak is to always turn off the Superfetch service.  This is a service in Windows that preloads commonly used programs into memory.  This is a fine service when you have a lot of RAM, but when you have fewer resources, it will eat your memory and slow things to a crawl.

In order to turn it off, type "Services" into the search bar.  Once the Services tab comes up, scroll down until you find "Superfetch."  Right-click to stop the process.  If things seem faster and you want to disable it, you can also right-click to go to properties and set the process to "Disabled."

Superfetch has been around since Windows Vista.  Disabling it will not harm your system.  I have been doing it for a decade.