Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 23rd, 2014 08:00

Inspiron 11 3147 cursor disappearance issue

Just bought an Inspiron 11 3147 4 days back and already having an issue with the cursor/mouse on starting the laptop. The mouse "disappears" when I start laptop after a gap of few hours. I can still click via touchscreen, but the touch pad is no use. The cursor for the mouse does not exist on the screen though touchpad movements brings it back after some time. Plz Help!

332 Posts

September 23rd, 2014 14:00

Hi Sandeep_nev,

Welcome to the Dell Community.

I would suggest that you please enter your service tag # on the link below, Select Drivers and Downloads and by selecting the version of Operating System.

1. Download the BIOS from BIOS section onto the system and install it.
  2. Download chipset from chipset section onto the system and install it.
  3. Download Touchpad Driver from Touchpad section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Once updated, restart the system and check. If the issue still persists try connecting an external Mouse and check if the issue persists with an external mouse as well.

Let us know your findings.

September 23rd, 2014 20:00

Thanks DELL-FAROOQ A for such a quick reply. I have tried that link earlier also but to no help. When I put my service tag in and search for drivers it says "We apologize for the inconvenience, but this service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." As per your instructions I have tried it again but the same result!!

Thanks

September 23rd, 2014 21:00

Thanks Dell-Farooq!!

Can you please provide me a direct link to download these updates as I am constantly getting the message " We apologize for the inconvenience, but this service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." when I am putting the service tag to get my driver updates. 

Thanks a ton

Sandeep

September 24th, 2014 08:00

Good Morning!!

Was just able to download the drivers and have installed the updates. Will give you a feedback! :)

Thanks a TON!!!1

September 27th, 2014 09:00

Installed the drivers, and for now the issue of missing cursor is not there!!! :) Thanks a lot!!!!!!

September 30th, 2014 06:00

Good morning!!!

After 2 days of normal use, back to the same issue!!! On starting my computer after a gap of few hours cursor is missing!!! cursor comes back if I plug in a wired mouse!!!!

Thanks

1 Message

October 17th, 2014 20:00

Hold the Fn key and touch the touchpad- the cursor will appear.  

Hold the Fn button and touch the touchscreen- the cursor will disappear.

I bought an Inspiron 11 3147 for my wife and this was driving us crazy.  I just kept smashing buttons till I figured it out.

2 Posts

March 15th, 2015 15:00

Thank you so much for this answer! My inspiron 3147 has been driving me crazy with this behavior for months! Couldn't find anything anywhere till I finally ran across your trial-and-error solution, and it is the correct one for me.

1 Message

April 2nd, 2015 17:00

what was it that worked for you?  I am having the same issue and cannot find a solution that works for me?

1 Message

April 13th, 2015 12:00

Thanks for that solution.  My Inspiron 3147 does the same. At power on there is no curser via the touch pad.   I used Fn and tapped touch pad to retrieve the curser function.  I could not get an answer to this issue from Dell!!   Thanks again

4 Posts

December 4th, 2015 15:00

I bought a new inspiron 15 - 7548 model - updated to win 10 

Mouse disappears - This is a real problem - a random occurrence, extremely frustrating.

Called Dell - almost as if I am the only person this has ever happen to -

After one hour plus - I gave up - Now... I am having issues with the touch pad.

There is a solution posted referencing the function / pad or screen - not effective..

I am very knowledgeable, understand hardware and device mgmt...  uninstalling / reinstalling

I have checked for updated drivers - this is a very bad situation for me...

Anyone have a solution?

4 Posts

December 5th, 2015 05:00

I have same issue...  Very very similar - mouse disappears - touch screen works -

Only way to get back is restart - I would not  recommend you buy this until there is a fix...  I have contacted Dell - It is almost like they have never heard of this issue... 

This is a very serious issue - that will cause me to get rid of my DELL...  maybe 5 months old? Going to trash very soon - 

April 9th, 2017 14:00

I have the same issue. It was in for repair but the issue still happens. Dell has been trying for two weeks just to send me a shipping label to send the laptop a second time. Sometimes the cursor freezes and a restart will unfreeze it, but when the cursor disappears there is no way to tell when it will return (fn key fix did not work for me).

No Events found!