Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 5th, 2017 18:00

Inspiron 13 5368 2-in-1 touch screen stopped working

Hi There,

I bought Dell Inspiron 13 5368 2-in-1 a few months ago, the laptop was one of my favorite laptops ever, hence, I was using it heavily.

Sadly, the touchscreen stopped working suddenly without obvious reasons. Everything else is normal. I checked the screen or the laptop for any possible physical damage but I could not find anything. the screen is working totally fine but the touchscreen functionality is dead.

I reinstalled the device drivers without success. I have also checked the power management options and did the diagnostics.

I don't prefer to send the laptop back to dell because all my applications and files are in this laptop. 

Could you help me out find the problem, its driving me nuts :/

4 Posts

February 6th, 2017 13:00

I have received my device today, The problem was a defective LCD. DELL replaced the LCD under the warranty, and I did not pay anything. Now, my laptop is working as usual.

Thanks DELL and Rishi for taking care of this unit.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

January 5th, 2017 18:00

You have really two options:  replace the screen at your cost by yourself, or use the warranty and have Dell do the replacement.

2K Posts

January 6th, 2017 20:00

Hi GEMILIU,

Check if it shows up under Human Interface Devices in device manager.

Download the BIOS and update here - http://dell.to/2iM2UJD

Force the BIOS flash if required - http://dell.to/2h9shSO

Then download and install the firmware listed from the support site - link above.

This should fix the issue as confirmed by other users on the forum.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

4 Posts

January 7th, 2017 11:00

Hi Rishi,

Thank you for the reply,

I've followed the steps provided, and I sent you the service tag in PM too.

The touch-screen is still not working.

I am going to try for two more days, and if it doesn't work, I will have to send it back under the warranty :/

THANKS,

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 7th, 2017 12:00

On the Device Manager listing mentioned above, If you have the touchscreen listing, you can select Properties then go to the Events tab.  Do the events show anything abnormal beside a Device Started?

The Touchscreen is a USB device.  You might check the USB entries to see if they or OK.

Check the Event viewer to see if it shows any type of consistent - repeating errors/warnings.

Is the Touchpad operating normally?

Did you have a mouse plugged in prior to the initial problem?

Inspect the hinges to see if anything looks amiss.

4 Posts

January 7th, 2017 19:00

Hi Saltgrass,

thank you for the suggestions.

The USB entries seems ok,

The events only show that the touchscreen is working properly, the device configred and started.

Is the Touchpad operating normally? YES

Did you have a mouse plugged in prior to the initial problem? YES, I use wirless mouse, it uses one of the USB ports.

the hinges are very tight and in position.

THANKS

2K Posts

January 8th, 2017 00:00

Hi GEMILIU,

I have responded to your private message.

Kindly review and respond.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!