Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 2nd, 2015 12:00

Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 trackpad issues

I have purchased this laptop less than a week ago. http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-13-7348-laptop/pd?oc=cn34803&model_id=inspiron-13-7348-laptop

I am having problems with the trackpad. When I initially touch and move it, it takes a few millimeters of finger movement for the it to start responding. After this initial delay, if I don't take my finger of the trackpad, it works fine without any problems. Very accurate and all that. As soon as I take my finger off, I get the same issue. It isn't a major problem, but it is very frustrating.

Every time I take my finger off, I have to deal with this delay (to reiterate, it isn't a time delay but a movement one, it's always the same distance on the trackpad before it starts working). This makes two finger scrolling very jumpy and unpleasant to use.  The touchscreen is fine, so I have been using it more to scroll up and down various pages.

I have tried to look for a solution online. There aren't any driver fixes because dell does not provide trackpad drivers for this machine. I am stuck using Windows drivers which are okay besides this issue I'm having. 

I hope this problem is a software and not a hardware one, I've seen other people complaining about similar issues but on slightly different machines, like the dell 7347. None of those solutions seemed to have helped.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 10th, 2015 19:00

Click Add as Friend on his page.

184 Posts

May 10th, 2015 23:00

Hi danielius16,

We have sent you a friend request please accept the friend request and then you should be able to find the private message option and we request you to send us the service tag information on the private message

21 Posts

May 11th, 2015 04:00

I have sent my details in a private message.

I am assuming that the best solution for my problem is to reinstall windows as it would be too difficult to troubleshoot every driver that could be affecting the track pad.

184 Posts

May 13th, 2015 00:00

Hi danielius16,

Thank you for providing the requested information, we will have the D-USB shipped to you. As we have tried all the possible troubleshooting steps we request you to back up all the data and re-install the Operating System once you receive the D-USB and let us know of the outcome.

21 Posts

May 17th, 2015 04:00

Hi Mohan G,

I have received the d-usb. I can boot it up. I get asked for the product key. Is there any way I can get this ley? Can I reuse the one from my currently installed system, where do I find it if I can? Do I have to buy a key?

1 Message

June 13th, 2015 21:00

I am having the same exact issue and tried everything else suggested but the problem still remains.
Was this issue ever resolved and if it was, how was it fixed?

Thank you in advance!

21 Posts

June 14th, 2015 03:00

I found the delay was gone when I reinstalled windows before all the drivers were installed again. Specifically I found that when the driver that enabled gestures and 2 finger scrolling was installed that's when the delay reappeared again. I kind of gave up on the issue, decided to use a mouse until windows 10 comes out and the drivers get an update (hopefully).

21 Posts

June 14th, 2015 04:00

With windows 8 the drivers were operational on installation. The gestures were added with windows update on windows 8.1. Nothing needed manual installation.

16 Posts

June 14th, 2015 04:00

I found the delay was gone when I reinstalled windows before all the drivers were installed again. Specifically I found that when the driver that enabled gestures and 2 finger scrolling was installed that's when the delay reappeared again. I kind of gave up on the issue, decided to use a mouse until windows 10 comes out and the drivers get an update (hopefully).

Hi danielius16, I reinstalled windows but I cannot use touchpad without the driver... it doesn't work at all.

Which is the driver you have at windows reinstallation? I want that driver!

16 Posts

June 14th, 2015 11:00

With windows 8 the drivers were operational on installation. The gestures were added with windows update on windows 8.1. Nothing needed manual installation.

Of course, the problem comes with windows 8.1.

Reading your post I understood that at the end of the reinstallation of Windows 8.1 the touchpad was working!

3 Posts

November 13th, 2015 09:00

If you disable the "I2C HID Device" in device manager, it will make touchpad behavior same as it is in safe mode. I have attached image for the same. 

1 Attachment

1 Message

February 4th, 2016 08:00

Hello, I am having the same issue as described here, but in Windows 10. 13 Inspiron 7000. Can you please point me to the updated drivers - assuming they will be different for Windows 10 than Windows 8. Thank you!

No Events found!