Highlighted
poojaa_kumar
1 Copper

Inspiron 13 7000, Cracked screen

Hi,

At first I was shocked to see what had just happened. My system is not even 6 months old. I finish my work shut the laptop and when I open it next the screen is cracked. Not external damage just out of the blue the screen cracks on the left side. HELP! In my opinion, I see this is a design problem. What to do next?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
9 Rhodium

RE: Inspiron 13 7000, Cracked screen

Cracked screens are considered accidental damage and unless you have insurance on the system, not covered by warranty.

www.dell.com/.../out-of-warranty

0 Kudos
poojaa_kumar
1 Copper

RE: Inspiron 13 7000, Cracked screen

sorry ...pretty convenient to say that....an accidental damage happens if you accidentally subject your system some external injury ....not if you close your system leave it on your desk and the next time you open it you find a cracked screen. i have been a dell user for over 10 years now ...and dell being a sturdy system has always been recommended by me ....i was actually trying to look for a solution to figure out what just happened with my system when i came across this forum to find that i was not alone ....there are loads of other consumers across the world who have had this issue with this model only....how can you term this flaw as an accidental injury

0 Kudos