Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 24th, 2015 05:00

Inspiron 13 7000 fan comes on a lot & is very loud!!

Is this common for this laptop? Surely this can't be ok. The fans comes on a lot even while just browsing with one tab open & no other programs open. Came on a few times while I was watching a movie which was very annoying! Sounds like a hoover at times.

What can I do to resolve this?

16 Posts

July 4th, 2015 15:00

The same for me, I have inspiron 15" i7 (7548)

I cannot return it

fan problems, touchpad problems, high resolution problems: the laptop is off in the bag and I could not sell even with 30% discount

I still use my old laptop.

2 Posts

August 4th, 2015 09:00

UPDATE: With windows 10 update my laptop is quiet as church mouse. Fan noise was subsiding during 4 month usage on Windows 8, but windows 10 did the final trick :emotion-5:. No more noise and no more over heating.

1 Message

August 13th, 2015 07:00

I also have the same problem, but only when Im doing heavier stuff like watching videos or skyping. The sound is weird  because at times it sounds like when you touch a fan with something while running, idk, I hope Dell fix it with a bios update and it's not my laptop because they have a *** costumer support here...

4 Posts

October 27th, 2015 02:00

This has not been my case. I have the sames issues with Windows 8 and Windows 10. I am thinking if this situation could be related to a bad temperature reading measure. I have installed a couple of hardware information software and both report an impossible measure for the GPU. 511 degree celsius.

Anyone else thinks this may be the issue? I am not an expert in hardware and I do not know if these measures can be biased somehow...

3 Posts

November 24th, 2016 06:00

Same here, even on W10. No update on this? Is there any piece of software which could control fan?

2 Posts

February 6th, 2017 18:00

Had the same issue. Contacted Dell technical support and they replaced my fan and heatsink. Will monitor if I will still run into issues after this change.

No Events found!