Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2015 14:00

Inspiron 13 7000 touch screen

Had to disable touch screen.  Round circles showing up on screen and programs jumping all over the place.  Anyone know of a fix.

1 Message

November 3rd, 2015 12:00

I have the Inspiron 13 7000 series 2-in-1 for almost a year and i also have the ghost touch issue. I called dell for the issue and they tried to see me 300 dollar software and hardware warranty. The tech i was talking to was trying very hard to convince me to get the warranty that she went to a point where it sounded like dell makes a very bad laptop and buying extended warranty is a must  hahahah. I said i still have some time before my 1 yr factory warranty expire. I like the features in this laptop I'll use it as much as i can and move to buying mac after this. Not coming back to dell again after this. 

I personally feel that this product is a factory defect and should have a recall for the product. Dell should also acknowledge the issue and fix through recall rather than trying to see warranty for the issue.

same pro here :l

same problem here

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

November 3rd, 2015 13:00

I am sorry to read that you all are having problems with the touch screen.  Does this happen all of the time, how long has the notebook been running when you notice this?  Have you noticed problems with the touchscreen while the AC adapter was connected to the system? Was any programs, utilities or updates installed just prior to when you noticed the problem?  Does moving the LCD panel make any difference if the touchscreen works or not? If you turn the touchscreen back on again how long will it take before the problem occurs again?

If you haven't yet try calibrating the touch screen and see if that helps. If you continue to have problems please reply and include what version of Windows that you are using.

TB

4 Posts

November 3rd, 2015 18:00

Unit was 3 months old when it started.  At first not all the time.  Then it became impossible to do any work at all. Took the computer to local repair shop and after a couple attempts they told me they thought the screen needed to be replaced. They also told me that if they disabled the touch screen the computer would work the same as a laptop. As I do not have the patience to deal with Dell people I have decided to go with.  This will be my last Dell.  

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

November 5th, 2015 12:00

bobwillis1

I will be sending you a friend request. I may be able to help with a possible service.  Please accept my request.

TB

4 Posts

November 23rd, 2015 13:00

Thanks, screen is replaced and seems to be working fine. 

1 Message

December 2nd, 2015 13:00

Hi Terry B, I have the same problem as bobwillis1 with my laptop purchased back in February this year. Can you help me please? Thanks.

2 Posts

December 13th, 2015 15:00

Terry, I am having the same problem. It started in September before the warranty had expired. Tech seemed to fix problem then it came back on December 7th. I spent all day of the 8th after purchasing the extended warranty for 239 + tax (12:30pm - 9:15pm) on the phone with support. They couldn't stop the ghost fingers and now they are so bad I can only use half the computer screen so that the "ghost" can't open files, folders, and links. The circular dots on the screen only go up and down in a straight line. There is no way this is a virus but that is what support is trying to fix. Please help!

1 Message

December 14th, 2015 07:00

TB

I continue to have this issue.  i am running windows 10.  computer less than a year old.  very frustrating 

thanks in advance for any assistance.

Ken

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

December 14th, 2015 10:00

With bobwillis1 replacing the touchscreen did the trick. If none of the steps that I suggested earlier worked you may consider having the touchscreen replaced.  If you are in the US and the system is still under warranty I may be able to help.  Stoens I will be sending you a friend request shortly.   If you are out of the US I suggest contacting tech support in your area for further assistance.

TB

2 Posts

December 19th, 2015 08:00

Terry B. I am in the US and as I stated above have recently purchased the extended warranty.

After reading the forums here I have implemented two temporary fixes that convince me I need a new touch screen. While I am using the computer for important work I turn the touch screen off and haven't seen the issue occur for the last week.

If I'm just on Facebook, or something else equally unimportant, I turn the touch screen on and when the ghost fingers rear their ugly head I grab both sides of the screen and bend it slightly (just a light tweak really) and they go away immediately. They eventually come back so my screen must be a bit warped.

February 14th, 2016 13:00

Terry,  I have had my 1 for about a year and a half.  No issues with it until this past fall when the dots appeared.  It started at church youth group and I thought it might  have something to do with all of the cell phones in the room about 50 of them  It now happens at least 2-3 times a day even in my own home.  I can't explain it.  It does seem to settle down if I push in at the bottom of the screen right above the windows button.  I did upgrade to win10 about 2 months ago but that didn't change the problem.  I am frustrated as I use this to teach youth at my church but it is now bouncing around like a yo-yo.  I am open to all suggestions.

11 Posts

February 14th, 2017 11:00

Hi All, I bought a Inspiron 15 7000. Until last month was working "well". I say well coz was too far from what I Expected in terms of performance. Anyway was working, but suddenly when changing to Tablet Mode and back, it started showing some issues, like not changing at all, or some dots in the screen like i was touching it but I was not. Today my touch screen does not respond at all. So chaning to Tablet is useless. I reinstall from scratch Windows 10 but nothing happened. I am from Argentina, and bought it in May last year in the US. Can anybody help me, I checked the drivers but seems all correct as well as the windows update. What do you recommend?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

February 14th, 2017 18:00

You're going to need either to upgrade and transfer the warranty, or return the system to the US for warranty repair.

In order to transfer the warranty:

1.  The system must be sold in Argentina.  If it's not, return to the US for repair is the only option.

2.  You must have purchased (or now purchase) an upgrade to onsite service (the standard depot repair warranty cannot be transferred internationally.

Once those criteria have been met, transfer the warranty:

www.dell.com/.../warranty-and-ownership-transfer

and contact Dell for warranty repair.

No Events found!