Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

December 2nd, 2015 04:00

Inspiron 13 7347 2 in 1 cracked screen

Yesterday evening, the screen on my daughter's laptop started going haywire, and it was only after switching it off that I noticed a hairline crack in the screen, running from top to bottom.

It has not been dropped, or suffered any abuse, so cannot establish what caused it.

I contacted Dell this morning, who didn't even ask about the nature of the crack, just insisted it wasn't covered under the warranty and that I would have to pay for a replacement, (£283 for an engineer, or £201 for the screen only).

To be honest, if the screen was £50 to replace, I would just get over it, but I do not believe the problem was caused by accidental damage, (is there a way to prove that ?) and I wondered this was a frequent occurance with this model.

1 Message

June 28th, 2016 08:00

Crush123 --

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem -- cracked internal screen but not dropped or banged into or pounded or any other kind of abuse.  This Inspiron is not quite 2 months old. The only human contact I was able to make was with a call center in India.  The fellow reiterated multiple times that the Dell warranty does not cover accidents.  I repeated multiple times that there was no accident.  We went around a few times and I finally asked to speak to his supervisor.  He said -- the supervisor would say exactly what he had been saying.  And declined to connect me.  Needless to say, frustrated fury is a polite way of describing how this all makes me feel.

You were lucky to persevere long enough to gather estimates for what a replacement would cost.  I never found any replacement cost information nor any instructions on where to ship a laptop needing a new screen.

How was your situation resolved?  Did you locate anyone who could tell you how to get your daughter's screen repaired/replaced?

1 Message

October 19th, 2017 19:00

I just had the same exact thing happen with mine. No dropping or accidents, always handled carefully. Very disappointed.

December 28th, 2017 01:00

Same issue. Same model. Dell quoted EUR 350 to send an engineer around to replace the screen. Trying to use with touch screen "disabled" and "uninstalled", but it keep reinstalling itself even without rebooting.

No Events found!