Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2015 09:00

Inspiron 1321 Failure to turn on and boot

Shortly prior to going on a trip I went to start up my laptop in order to update it.  I have already upgraded to Windows 10 and all was fine.  Upon trying to turn the laptop on the screen remained blank and all I heard was a steady beep of 1/second.  All attempts to get the computer to respond failed.  Finally after returning from my trip I decided to open the back and remove the hard drive then the memory.  I made sure that the button battery was in correctly too.  after replacing the parts I tried booting again.  Still on luck.  Then changed the memory card to the upper slot.  The computer then booted properly.  I am not sure if the memory card had just come loose from the other slot or if the other slot was bad or if the lower slot is the proper slot when on one card is used.  However this could be some help for others who may have the same problems.

Don

2 Posts

December 19th, 2015 20:00

After running OK for 2 hours and upgrading to the latest Windows 10 the laptop Inspiron 15 1321 again failed to turn on and only beeped.  Maybe bios or board failure.  

No Events found!