Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2015 08:00

Inspiron 14 3000 - 3452 HDD

I just received my inspiron 14 3000-3452.  It is equipped with 32Gb eMCC.  Before I purchased it I was told by the Dell Chat Agent that I could change/upgrade the HDD in the future if needed.

When I looked in the bottom it doesn't appear any way to change the eMMC (64Gb) or add an HDD.

The Service Manual for the 3452 provides a procedure for replacing the HDD, but ????.

Is the 32Gb eMMC model different, maybe a subset of the 3452?

I picked it partially because of the removable battery.  The 500Gb HDD model indicated having a non-replaceable battery.

Thanks,

Joe

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 29th, 2015 09:00

I think if you check, this has come up a couple of times now, and that systems that ship with the embedded SSD do not have the connector on the mainboard for the hard drive -- that is, either the system has the eMMC drive, OR a hard drive - there is no way to install both.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

The version with the embedded SSD cannot be upgraded with a hard drive (short of replacing the system board).

Hi Joe,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum. 

eMMC is a flash storage that is embedded on to the motherboard and cannot be upgraded. The hard drive on this model can be upgraded upto 1TB with 5400 RPM. 

1 Message

December 16th, 2015 20:00

Hello,

I think you guys need to let your so called customer service representative know that its not changeable...i was lose to buying this same laptop with 32gb yesterday for a friend, and was told it was up-gradable by 2 different customer service representatives on dell chat....i even have the 3451 with 500gb hdd dat refuses to boot with an SSD...the service thats being given is really poor.....cant chat with Dell support for almost a day..telling me "The chat queue is currently closed" disappointing..

No Events found!