Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 21st, 2016 14:00

Inspiron 14 How to Free C Drive Disk Space - 2

Hi I have seen a post already discussing this from January 2016.

My hard drive is 28GB and only has 1.30GB free space.

I have now removed every file off of my laptop and any extra programmes. I have 2305MB of programmes (from what I have calculated).

I've tried hovering over every folder under 'This PC' to see if any of them are ridiculously large but none are over 2GB.

I've done a disk cleanup (which gave about 230MB) and optimize/defragment drive but no change.

I'm wondering if things I delete are not being completely cleared properly - nothing in 'recycle bin' currently.

Any help would be great. If I don't even have space for MS Word docs then I may as well get rid of this thing!

10 Posts

December 21st, 2016 16:00

Hi there, I did the same thing you did and it did not help.  I hate to say this but I gave up and bought a new Dell Laptop with 500GB of hard drive capacity so I did not have to deal with this issue again.  I say shame on Dell for selling us this type of laptop where they is virtually no capacity on the laptop to do or store anything.  I actually bought two of them, which made me feel even worse.  I do not need a lot of hard drive space, but as it turned out, the hard drive space on both of these laptops was almost nothing and it made both of them worthless in my case.

3 Posts

December 21st, 2016 16:00

Hi, thanks for replying. To be honest I have already considered trying to return it. I only bought it because my old laptop stopped working and I had three deadlines. Such a shame cause it's got good battery and so light, but I can't even use it. I have no idea if I can return it still, I don't feel like I can sell it because of how little the space is. Oh well, helped me during my time in need but not much help now

No Events found!